Value of: Ilya Sorokin to Edmonton?

Maurice of Orange

Wahatquenak
Feb 5, 2016
Just curious what it would take. He would be a good goalie for them for the future but I know he's seen by many as arguably the best up and coming goalie today.
F259FB6B-733E-438E-B49B-689A83AEDF7D.gif

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
Edmonton doesn’t have the trade chips to make this happen. Nothing is really of use that’s on that team (and in the system) except that McDavid guy and his buddy Leon. Both of which are too high of value (and contract) to make a trade that works.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Just curious what it would take. He would be a good goalie for them for the future but I know he's seen by many as arguably the best up and coming goalie today.

Both Sorokin and Varly have played really well.
Zero reason why the isles would trade 25 yr old Sorokin and keep 33 yr old Varly.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
In 2 years when he’s available.

While I don't see it happening this summer, if Islanders really need capspace, Trading Varly for futures and finding somebody making roughly half of what he does could open up 2-3M

Chardo

Apr 27, 2007
While I don't see it happening this summer, if Islanders really need capspace, Trading Varly for futures and finding somebody making roughly half of what he does could open up 2-3M
Varlamov will not be on the Islanders a year from now. He will be traded before the draft, or maybe even at the deadline.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
It always depends on the goalie market and while Sorokin has been one of the best goalies outside of the nhl and played really good his first nhl season it’s still a small sample size. Doesn’t really make any sense for the isles to trade him as he’s their best shot on a future franchise goalie.

McJedi

Apr 21, 2020
Florida
Starts with Holloway and goes up. You’ll Probably want to shop at a less expensive store.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
This actually could happen. It's well known that Lou Lamoriello doesn't place a high value on goaltending, so he could be swayed by the offer of some small, offensive defenseman.

Reactions: PWJunior

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
After this season at the earliest if all goes well and Sorokin is willing to take the reigns. Sorokin however isn’t getting traded for the dumpster fire package they’d probably offer in return.

miscs75

Jul 2, 2014
This actually could happen. It's well known that Lou Lamoriello doesn't place a high value on goaltending, so he could be swayed by the offer of some small, offensive defenseman.
Barzal needs a shooter. Sorokin for that McDavid guy (with 75% retention because he got hurt a couple times). You get the goalie and the Isles get someone who will shoot. Chiarelli isn’t the GM anymore sadly so this would never happen.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
If NYI were to trade Sorokin, he'd probably be in Colorado now, because they have what NYI need. Edmonton does not. Also, NYI's depth in goal consists in the strong NHL tandem. There's nobody else in the organization of consequence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad