Confirmed with Link: Ilya Sorokin Signed

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
Great Day! The white whale exists. Now, time to focus on the games, structure, and play. Lou has his work cut out for him before next season.

Gleb2006

Aug 11, 2010
Last night I breezed past something that said Sorokin is offer sheet exempt but I can’t find it now. Is that true?
On capfriendly it said he exempt from an offer sheet in the free-agency period between the 2019-20 and 2020-21 season. I think he will now be open to offer sheets at the end of the 20-21 season.

Reactions: MJF

Satan'sIsland81

Feb 9, 2007
Anybody who thinks Sorokin is not starting at least 35-40 games next season is nuts. I’m betting on 40 next year 45-47 year after that and in Three years he will be undisputed starter

Reactions: YearlyLottery

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
I'm in disbelief. I had serious doubts about whether we'd ever see Sorokin suit up for us. The break in play came at a time when the team was nosediving hard.

I'd like to see what this group can do, with a healthy Cizikas and Pelech plus Pageau and Sorokin , I feel we are going to see the best product on ice in the Trotz/Lou era.

As far as the Post-Season goes, I am not super stoked on Varlamov. I think Greiss getting the nod vs the Panthers is a no brainer. Varlamov is good and can play 35-40 games a season but I thought he lacked consistency and was susceptible to giving games away. I wouldn't count on him being our rock in a hard 7 game series.

Just read he won't be eligible for the post-season, oh well.

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I'm in disbelief. I had serious doubts about whether we'd ever see Sorokin suit up for us. The break in play came at a time when the team was nosediving hard.

I'd like to see what this group can do, with a healthy Cizikas and Pelech plus Pageau and Sorokin , I feel we are going to see the best product on ice in the Trotz/Lou era.

As far as the Post-Season goes, I am not super stoked on Varlamov. I think Greiss getting the nod vs the Panthers is a no brainer. Varlamov is good and can play 35-40 games a season but I thought he lacked consistency and was susceptible to giving games away. I wouldn't count on him being our rock in a hard 7 game series.

Understanding Sorokin will need to get acclimated and we don't want to throw him to the Wolves but I'd almost rather see him in net than Varly.
It's a moot point as none of the russians that just signed their ELCs are eligible for this year's tournament

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
It's a moot point as none of the russians that just signed their ELCs are eligible for this year's tournament

Yeah I just read that and edited my initial point. Bummer but I am more stoked to have him locked up for next year. The fact that this is being described as a "tournament" and not the Stanley Cup Playoffs makes it easier to stomach. Of course, since this will have a giant asterisk next to it, the Isles will probably win it all and then we'll hear about how we won the phony Cup.

TheWhiteWhale30

Dec 3, 2007
1 year 2M, that was as low as it was going to get. Good job by Lou to get this done, we finally got him locked up. Plus, I changed my username the night before he signed his ELC... That would’ve been awkward lol Only my 3rd name change in the 13 years since I’ve been on here, I have a good feeling about this guy. WeirdFrans51 had to go once Weird Frans went to Det to play with Real Frans anyway lol

Reactions: nyisleslover

islesny88

Jan 15, 2020
Good times ahead for these two buddies :cheers:

Hopefully this personal rivalry drives Sorokin to get better and better to be the number 1 goalie of NY. However, the downside to that is that it'll probably do the same for Shesty. Hopefully their rivalry reignites that rivalry of NY.

Reactions: mm11

The Real JT

Louie louie, oh no, me gotta go
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut

Just read he won't be eligible for the post-season, oh well.

Unless Varly $h!t$ the bed in the first 2 games, you won't see Greiss in net again for the Isles.

You can't sit a guy with 3 years left on a big contract for a guy about to walk.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
Sorokin - Sorokin (Russian: Соро́кин), or Sorokina (feminine; Соро́кина), is a common Russian last name, which is derived from the Russian word soroka (сорока, or magpie)

The Magpie has landed!

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Does Sorokin move into Mrs Seidenberg's basement now?
FnVPDA8.jpg

Reactions: Beacon Isles

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Unless Varly $h!t$ the bed in the first 2 games, you won't see Greiss in net again for the Isles.

You can't sit a guy with 3 years left on a big contract for a guy about to walk.
This team isn’t run by Jeff Wilpon. Barry isn’t choosing his starter based on contract status.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad