Confirmed with Link: Ilya Sorokin Signed

scott99

May 13, 2005
Actually, I believe they are not eligible. I think it was Russo that tweeted about Kaprizov not being eligible and that was confirmed by Staple regarding Sorokin.
Yeah, all he can do is practice. BUT, that means he gets to work with Korn and Greco, as well as his buddy Varlamov.

islesny88

Jan 15, 2020
Yeah, all he can do is practice. BUT, that means he gets to work with Korn and Greco, as well as his buddy Varlamov.
Absolutely, this extra time he's going to get to get familiar with them is going to pay huge dividends come next camp. Everyone who's played sports knows that when you join a new lockerroom, there's always the initial period where you need to get an understanding of how things are. He won't need to deal with that at camp next year so hopefully he hits the ground running and can make a huge impression.

scott99

May 13, 2005
May he become the second Ilya in the HOF.
I feel like a dummy, who's the other Ilya in the Hall Of Fame ?

I'd be happy if he becomes a top 10 goalie in the NHL during his career, Hall of Fame would be awesome, but if he can be a top 10 goalie who helps the Isles win a championship (or two ;)), I'd be thrilled.

13th Floor

Oct 10, 2008
I feel like a dummy, who's the other Ilya in the Hall Of Fame ?

I'd be happy if he becomes a top 10 goalie in the NHL during his career, Hall of Fame would be awesome, but if he can be a top 10 goalie who helps the Isles win a championship (or two ;)), I'd be thrilled.

I'm guessing he's assuming Kovy makes it.

scott99

May 13, 2005
I will say, I was NEVER a fan of the Fisherman logo. I wish the real logo was more prominent in the mask (small Islander's logo on the upper right and upper left). BUT, The lighthouse on the mask is REALLY cool, and the fisherman looks great. Eric Fichaud had a cool Fisherman's mask too, that didn't work out too well. All that matters is how he plays though.

Volek25

Apr 23, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I will say, I was NEVER a fan of the Fisherman logo. I wish the real logo was more prominent in the mask (small Islander's logo on the upper right and upper left). BUT, The lighthouse on the mask is REALLY cool, and the fisherman looks great. Eric Fichaud had a cool Fisherman's mask too, that didn't work out too well. All that matters is how he plays though.

Agreed, cool mask but I wish the traditional Isles logo was main theme, not the fisherman. Really tho as long as he plays the way we’ve all be hearing about, could care less what mask looks like.
I’m happy to see it’s an Islanders mask finallly at least!!

scott99

May 13, 2005
Is it a sign of being an Islanders fan for too long if I don't believe that he will be any good?
Yes, without a doubt. Been a fan since 1975, it almost feels like the Isle's sold their soul to the devil to win 4 straight Cups, and then 35 years of suckage ensued, including ownership, coaches and GMs. BUT, times have changed, great new top notch owners, Stanley Cup, Hall of Fame Coach (and great coaching staff), Stanley Cup, Hall of Fame GM, brand new state of the art arena. The contract with the devil is apparently over.

Reactions: danteipp

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Agreed, cool mask but I wish the traditional Isles logo was main theme, not the fisherman. Really tho as long as he plays the way we’ve all be hearing about, could care less what mask looks like.
I’m happy to see it’s an Islanders mask finallly at least!!
I like it personally. The crest is prominently displayed on the chest, so it’s a little variety which, as they say, is the spice of life

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
'Some dudes just get it'?
I'm as glad as everyone else that this 'Dude' is here but he jerked us around for about 4 years, and now all of a sudden he 'gets it'?
Sorry, he doesn't get an instant free pass from me.

I don't blame him for not wanting to play for the clown show that was the Snow/Cappy/Weight regime, instead preferring to wait until he saw ownership was committed to winning and stability. And I also don't blame him for Bill Daly changing the rules on a whim, potentially costing him millions of dollars. It was smart for him to wait for clarity on the situation, then signing and burning his ELC this season.

Reactions: Thrasymachus

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I'm as glad as everyone else that this 'Dude' is here but he jerked us around for about 4 years, and now all of a sudden he 'gets it'?

he’s going to be 25 tomorrow. He’s young. If you followed him at all since he’s been drafted you would know he was adamant about developing in the KHL until he felt like he can make an immediate impact at the NHL level. He never made an promises or assurances. He always said he would come when he felt he was ready.

Last edited:

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
I'm in the wait in see camp with this guy. Looks great in youtube videos and has some gaudy stats in the KHL but can he stop a Kris Kreider last minute shot to win the NYI a huge game? I'm pulling for him. Have not had a game changer in net for what 40 years? Were due.....

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Fire and trade Sorokin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad