Value of: Ilya Samsonov

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
I think his value is around a 2nd rounder but I probably wouldn't move him straight up for that. Would rather package him with a 1st and see what we can get for that.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
I think his value is around a 2nd rounder but I probably wouldn't move him straight up for that. Would rather package him with a 1st and see what we can get for that.
That seems like a good recipe for just taking a Samsonov haul and flipping it, or including a selling team in the deal as a third team

Although perhaps a seller wouldnt mind getting him today since he is RFA, but they'd rather wait until the summer I'd think.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I didn't read in the rules that there was a limit on posting new threads
I didn't say there was one. I didn't read in the rules that I couldn't share my opinion on one or two of the four threads that were posted by him this morning.

All I said was he should think them through BEFORE spamming them. Not that he couldn't spam them. Move along.

DrewGl

Jul 28, 2018
Alexandria, VA
Yes please to the Oilers

He would be the back up to Koskinen but room to grow.

However I have a feeling even if Caps fans want him gone, management would rather keep him around
He does suck. Seems like he made his money already and likes to party. Caps need a goalie. Surprised they have't taken Holtby back seeing he just bought a new house in the DC area. Holtby isn't the best but he's better than what we have at the moment.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
He does suck. Seems like he made his money already and likes to party. Caps need a goalie. Surprised they have't taken Holtby back seeing he just bought a new house in the DC area. Holtby isn't the best but he's better than what we have at the moment.
Currently I would say Holtby is a better option than Sammy, but not over the way VV is playing right now. VV needs an experienced backup to come in and mentor him, while also be an option in the playoffs if needed. Holtby/Anderson would be the best fit for the Caps, but Sammy has to go first.

Reactions: DrewGl

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Samsanov is a rebound machine. Even though he played well against the Oilers I'm not a big fan.
He's age 25 and still plays raw in some situations. Caps goalie coach Scott Murray hasn't connected with Samsonov in being more consistent in play. He has a reliance on too much athleticism, which gets him off his angles and makes him give up more rebounds. I think a goalie coach from another team would have better success with Samsonov. Scott Murray has not had a successive rate working with our goalies(Holtby was Murray's biggest failure, where Mitch Korn had to step in again) and there is no indication he will be fired. There have been too many burned bridges with Samsonov with the Caps and I strongly think it's time to get a fresh start with another team.

Reactions: McDoused

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad