Value of: Ilya Samsonov

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Sabres don’t need him
Once Anderson retires, it could be this season, Sabres don't have such ready goaltending for the NHL. You have Tokarski and that is it. Your 2 good goalie prospects have another 3 or more before their fully ready.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Once Anderson retires, it could be this season, Sabres don't have such ready goaltending for the NHL. You have Tokarski and that is it. Your 2 good goalie prospects have another 3 or more before their fully ready.

False. Luukkonen-- you know, the 3rd good goalie prospect that you forgot about, the one who's already played (and played well) in the NHL.

belair

Balls On The Crest
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
In an off-season deal probably a 2nd round pick, a prospect like Samorukov and one of our goalie prospects not named Skinner.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI
I don’t think Detroit would give up assets for him, we can get a replacement for Greiss in free agency.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
How good is Samsonov? The numbers don’t jump out at you. I know he’s a highly regarded talent, but he has two consecutive years hovering right at .900 SV %.

As a Wild fan, I’d be interested if the price is right as he could be a decent stopgap option to help Kahkonen hold things down until Wallstedt is ready. But I don’t see any GM giving up premium assets for a relatively unproven talent at a volatile position

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Actually learn the team…

Buffalo has UPL who was goalie fir Finland WJC win in 2019.

they have 2 NCAA goalies to sign.

they can get a vet goalie from elsewhere you actually can play.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
I think Buffalo would likely be looking for more of a veteran netminder who they can run as a 1A/1B with UPL for the next couple of seasons. Not sure they would want someone who is still relatively young partly because I don't think they want to risk blocking Levi or Portillo from making the leap depending on how long they simmer in the AHL. Also a vet would really be better suited to help guide the youngsters considering UPL is the oldest of the 3 and just turned 23 a few days ago. With Samsonov being an RFA and 25 I'm guessing he is going to be looking for some long term security, and the asking price from Washington may be more than Buffalo would want to pay.

Reactions: JLewyB

drw02

Aug 10, 2013
Wings will probably looking for a decent vet instead of adding another younger G but not out of the question. Though I doubt they'd be willing to give up anything more than a 3rd (what they paid for Ned).

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Caps know what these goalie trades cost fairly well, they've done plenty of them.

Varlamov went for a 1st, 2nd
Grubauer went for a 2nd (and Orpik dump)
Neuvirth went for a 3rd
Reacquiring Vanecek cost a 2nd

So I'll go with a 2nd rd pick, or maybe packaged as part of a larger trade

Reactions: Devil Dancer

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
You made 4 threads in 10 minutes, please think out your proposals/threads before spamming the board with them.

Ps. It's not a proposal if you're just asking what people would give for him.

I didn't read in the rules that there was a limit on posting new threads

McSuper

5-14-6-1
Jun 16, 2012
Halifax
Caps know what these goalie trades cost fairly well, they've done plenty of them.

Varlamov went for a 1st, 2nd
Grubauer went for a 2nd (and Orpik dump)
Neuvirth went for a 3rd
Reacquiring Vanecek cost a 2nd

So I'll go with a 2nd rd pick, or maybe packaged as part of a larger trade

Done from an Oilers side

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Yes please to the Oilers

He would be the back up to Koskinen but room to grow.

However I have a feeling even if Caps fans want him gone, management would rather keep him around

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad