Speculation: Ilya Samsonov non-tendered

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Damn, I didn't realize Samsonov was actually 25 already. He's definitely well worth it as a project in a backup slot, but I'm not sure how much you can reasonably get out of him. Some guys just don't pan out in the NHL.

ITM

Out on the front line, don't worry I'll be fine...
Jan 26, 2012
And Toronto says:

uu9pmDP.gif

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
This makes "insert amount of sense".

Sorry, you can't actually insert anything because it makes 0 sense unless there's something planned trade or contract wise. You don't let both your goalies go. Teams are getting dirt cheap.

Reactions: Morrison

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
Wow he only made like 2M last seasons so it wasn't like they needed to give him a huge QO
He had arbitration rights and playing time already gets goalies a decent wage in arbitration.

They can't be paying their backup $3M+ if they're also going to be carving out room for Kuemper.

Beyond that, though, he was awfully disappointing last season. It came when the golden opportunity was there for him to seize the starter's job for the next decade. I'm sure most Caps fans wish him well, but few will miss him very much.

Kuemper to start and then someone cheap, possibly Fucale at his $750K NHL wage, seems likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: PlushMinus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad