Confirmed with Link: Ilya Kovalchuk Feigns Retirement to go to KHL, Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I hope he tries to enter the league again in a few years while Lou is still around. I hope Lou blocks it too. I hope every GM aside from Lou okay's it.

ILikeItVeryMuch*

You got it right folks, the Devils used smoke and mirrors to send their best forward to Russia because of a cap hit 2 million dollars more than a player they just signed in free agency.

Kovalchuk's average hit is not even in the Top 20 in the league.

HFBoards.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

''Hey L you need me to take a flight out to Russia and pay a visit to ouu deuhh friend?''

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
You got it right folks, the Devils used smoke and mirrors to send their best forward to Russia because of a cap hit 2 million dollars more than a player they just signed in free agency.

HFBoards.

And all because of an owner that's likely out in the next six months anyway.

Tundra

Oct 20, 2005

HFBoards.

I don't think it's about the cap hit. It's the 77 million dollars remaining when you already have compiled 170 million dollars in arena debt. In the short-term, it certainly stings, but in the long term this was a gift from the hockey gods.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens
yup, it's all about the money

nothing to do with the merc's questionable behavior

since hmmm what the summer of 2010?

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Posts like the one that Flyers fan just defecated out of his mouth hole is another reason why I relish in the fact that the Flyers have not won **** since Carter was in office.

Gerald Ford was in office when the Flyers last won.

Dont make it any easier on them if you dont have to.

ws02232.jpg

RyGuy

Mar 24, 2013
Medford, NJ
KHL games are about as flashy as you would hope and about as intense as watching pre-game warmups.

I know. I watched during the lockout. But its still an alternative to the NHL. Maybe we see even more of a deviation between NA and Euro hockey, like back in the day? I like what a lot of the Euro guys have brought to the league in the past 20 years, but NA hockey is still where its at.

Feb 28, 2007
Long Island
I feel bad for anyone who is going into this season already thinking we are bottom 10.

Shame on you for having no confidence. Every team starts from the same spot. At the end of the year we can determine if it was shame on me for thinking that they would be better than that. But until that last day of the season lets keep some god damn faith here, and get our heads right for this Devils season.

I cant wait to watch a roster of guys who want to be here and compete. I have no ill will toward Kovy, Clarky, Parise, etc. they are human beings that have to make decisions. The Devils will be better for this in the future. Let's Go Devils!

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago
Malkin was third in scoring in the KHL and he only played about 30 games. Leading scorere was sergei mozyakin. Kovy can have fun playing with low level tier players like that. Of course he may score 50 goals a year and win a ribbon for winning the KHL championship. Whatever floats the russians boat i guess

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011

Hey Ilya before you go come with me in the back. I've got some jerseys, sticks, and a painting that I'd like to give to you.

Take that you ****in rat piece of ****!

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
I just asked a non hockey fan friend to create an account with user name SKA#1fan and come here and ask for a Kovalchuk scouting report....but I didn't have the heart to let him go through with it.

I must be getting old.

StvBroDan

vPLAY WITH HEARTv
Oct 15, 2008
USA
Maybe the few players that became fans when Kovy had the puck will play more as a team. Do it the old fashioned way you know the Devils way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad