I'll say it again, in hopes the Leafs Brass listen once in awhile, we need sandpaper on the backend

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
Reilly and Nylander for PK
You get an upgrade on D and all it costs is a player that may never lace em up for your team again anyway.
Oh that's horrible. Rielly (24), Nylander(22) for PK (29).

That's a panic/all in win mode type trade if I've ever seen one. Not to mention our left side would look horrible without Rielly.

Ohh you're an Islander fan, this makes a lot more sense.

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

That's a panic/all in win mode type trade if I've ever seen one. Not to mention our left side would look horrible without Rielly.

Maybe it was the Bertuzzi and McCabe for Trevor Linden deal still banging around in my head.You made a nice post till the last sentence
Cheers

colchar

Apr 26, 2012
I know some in Leafs management figure, "We can just emulate what the Pens did when they won their Cups".

No you don't know that, you are just making an unfounded assumption.

I
come playoff time, we are going to face the same problems and it simply hasn't been addressed.

That is hardly a newsflash.

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018
we don't need sandpaper we need competent fluid D-men. 4 of the 6 looked solid tonight, Hainsey and Gardiner are not both fluid and competent. Our forwards were losing a lot of battles in our own end tonight too, it's not just on the D-men.
Grit or sandpaper goes a long way towards inspiring a group of men. It’s amazing when one or two guys start to play physical how it picks up the rest of the team and everyone starts looking and playing tougher. Might help some off our softer guys start winning some of those battles in our own end you were talking about

TAYGB52

Sep 20, 2018

Give him a break, man. Just because he’s an Islanders fan doesn’t give you the right to dump on him.
Terrible trade idea though! Just awful!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad