Confirmed with Link: Iiro Pakarinen re-signed (1-year, $725K)

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
I really can't see them taking Reinhart.

There's going to be 29 teams exposing a better defenseman than him.

I sincerely hope so but like I've said before...this draft isn't BPA. The Knights will be making their selections to fill 'roles' in their franchise. There will likely be a lot of surprising picks and surprising non-picks.

Fingers crossed that we get to keep Griff. I think it'll be exciting to see him take on an elevated role with Sekera on the shelf.

gooilgo

Dec 30, 2010
Area 51
I sincerely hope so but like I've said before...this draft isn't BPA. The Knights will be making their selections to fill 'roles' in their franchise. There will likely be a lot of surprising picks and surprising non-picks.

Fingers crossed that we get to keep Griff. I think it'll be exciting to see him take on an elevated role with Sekera on the shelf.

The media appears to have Vegas taking Reinhart but I can see the point being made regarding D men. Only 7 or possibly 8 d men they take can make their roster. Is Reinhart going to make that cut? On the other hand they may take some additional d men and trade them for picks/prospects. Interesting times ahead.

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I would too, but continuity is a thing pitlick doesnt have. His health is a major concern that idk if he is worth a contract

I'd give him that 1 million even if he does only play 30 games. 8 goals in 30 games plus that energy is worth that 1 mil imo. And I think he'll stay healthy for at least 50, but that's guessing.

Oilers Propagandist

Relax junior, it’s just a post.
Aug 27, 2016
Edmonton, AB
I'd give him that 1 million even if he does only play 30 games. 8 goals in 30 games plus that energy is worth that 1 mil imo. And I think he'll stay healthy for at least 50, but that's guessing.

Youre right, if he can stop getting hurt he would definitely be a huge asset to our team. He was great this past season.
It sucks seeing because when he gets initiated he hits, can chip in with goals but as soon as he gets going he gets dragged back by something serious.

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Pitlick is worth a contract definitely... he's obviously a bandaid (and very likely always will be at this point)... but when he's in the lineup he makes this team better.

He's honestly more effective in the bottom 6 (when healthy) than almost any other Oiler that I can think of. He plays an uptempo game with true physicality that includes actually hitting and hurting opponents... and he has a good scoring touch to actually deliver some decent bottom 6 offense... which again is more than most of the Oilers bottom 6 can deliver.

If he plays 30-40 games a year... that's still 30-40 good games where he can make a positive difference... the rest he'll sit on IR but so be it... there's others that can fill in when he's hurt (although obviously not as effectively).

I wouldn't cut bait just because he's severely injury prone... in fact the Oilers may be be a bit "lucky" because if he would have had a healthy season and broke out with 20+ goals.. he'd likely be snapped up in a hurry by Vegas.

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011

Really?

I have my fingers crossed they do take him. Least of our concerns at that point.

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
He's a decent 13th/14th forward and if he doesn't make the team it has no effect on the cap, just Katz' pocketbook.

Letestu only has a year left on his deal, but that might actually make him more appealing to Vegas because teams are always looking to add these utility types, especially ones who excel on special teams, to rent at the deadline.

Vegas isn't going to waste a valuable asset claiming a 32/33 yr old 4C. Much higher chance they claim Khaira or Brossoit over Letestu...

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Vegas isn't going to waste a valuable asset claiming a 32/33 yr old 4C. Much higher chance they claim Khaira or Brossoit over Letestu...

I can see Letestu getting picked, just because Vegas wants to win. They are getting better players than previous expansion teams have got. They aren't assuming they are a rebuilding team like us a few years ago. Letestu is also a key asset. He's a veteran, right shot center, very good on the PP, and very good at faceoffs. Vegas will be weakest at center than any other position.

I've seen most mock expansion drafts having Vegas taking Letestu. One Vegas based blog I saw had them take Brossoit

However, I really think they will take Brossoit, and part of that is that we are likely protecting Letestu.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad