OT: III. Tommy G's Steak and Chop House: Finish 72ozs of Thread in an Hour and it's Free!

haf

Mar 3, 2008
Hahahaah yessssss. SXSW is literally right next to my office, so I'm all up in it.

I kind of always fled town when it went down. and i play music. it's just unbearable in that city if you are trying to be normal and home.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
Hahahaah yessssss. SXSW is literally right next to my office, so I'm all up in it.

The hell do you work? :laugh:

I stay away from downtown while it's going on. I always miss my favorite watering hole down there on Red River and 7th during these weeks. :(

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
I kind of always fled town when it went down. and i play music. it's just unbearable in that city if you are trying to be normal and home.

I was heading to a show last night at the Dirty Dog when the Peverley stuff went down... What made all that worse is the Dirty Dog takes all their draft beers off tap because of SXSW, so I didn't even get to have a tasty beer while I was trying to figure out what the hell happened to Peverley...

StoneColdGMJN

Jul 16, 2013
Marquette
I was heading to a show last night at the Dirty Dog when the Peverley stuff went down... What made all that worse is the Dirty Dog takes all their draft beers off tap because of SXSW, so I didn't even get to have a tasty beer while I was trying to figure out what the hell happened to Peverley...
Should have gone to the Jackalope. Clearly the best bar on 6th street.

StoneColdGMJN

Jul 16, 2013
Marquette
I like the Jackalope, but that wasn't where the band I was seeing was playing.
Ahh, fair enough.

I've never even been to SXSW actually. I'd love to check it out but I can only imagine how much they jack up the hotel prices. I have managed to make it down for Chaos In Tejas a couple times though, which was a lot of fun.

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
Ahh, fair enough.

I've never even been to SXSW actually. I'd love to check it out but I can only imagine how much they jack up the hotel prices. I have managed to make it down for Chaos In Tejas a couple times though, which was a lot of fun.

We're pretty OT now, but I saw Bolt Thrower at the last Chaos...

StoneColdGMJN

Jul 16, 2013
Marquette
We're pretty OT now, but I saw Bolt Thrower at the last Chaos...
don't speak of it... I'm still haunted to this day that I missed Bolt Thrower on what was obviously their last trip to the states. That was the last band on my list of must-sees, and I let it slip through my fingers.

Cin

Eurosnob.
Feb 29, 2008
Austin, TX
The hell do you work? :laugh:

I stay away from downtown while it's going on. I always miss my favorite watering hole down there on Red River and 7th during these weeks. :(

My office is on SoCo right behind the freebirds. So I can just walk right down to any of the events. Wasn't this fun last year, but man it's getting busier and busier by the year.

If any of you guys do come to SX from out of town you're better off renting a room out of somebodies house. Hotel prices (if you can even get a room) are at F1 levels of ******** pricing.

Spotty 2 Hotty

Special teams, special plays, special players
Feb 28, 2008
ATX
My office is on SoCo right behind the freebirds. So I can just walk right down to any of the events. Wasn't this fun last year, but man it's getting busier and busier by the year.

If any of you guys do come to SX from out of town you're better off renting a room out of somebodies house. Hotel prices (if you can even get a room) are at F1 levels of ******** pricing.

Ah, gotcha. I remember going to that Freebirds a few years ago (when I first moved down here) with a bunch of friends and recreating a photo of the last supper. Between that and our singalongs, we had the employees entertained for a while.

:laugh:

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Anyone brew their own beer? Day one complete for me. Can't wait to enjoy the fruits of my labors in 6 weeks.

I'd love to. It looks like a lot of fun with endless flavor possibilities. I've been moving around too much the last few years to bother seeking out all of the necessary equipment and ingredients though. Would like to one day. What kind of beer did you make?

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
I feel like I have asked this before, but does anyone in Canada know where to get a legit white rbk primer jersey?

Stars?

Icejerseys.com or cool hockey.com

Ontario stores I'd try Pro Hockey Life, those stores carry a ton of apparel.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
I'd love to. It looks like a lot of fun with endless flavor possibilities. I've been moving around too much the last few years to bother seeking out all of the necessary equipment and ingredients though. Would like to one day. What kind of beer did you make?

http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/...d-edition-extract-kit-w-specialty-grains.html

That's the kit I used. Hopefully everything is going well but I'm not sure since it's my first attempt. The required equipment costs about ~$200 and then each batch of 5 gallons is somewhere between ~$25-50. It only really takes like 3-4 hours 1 day and then 1-2 hours another day. Not too much work at all.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/...d-edition-extract-kit-w-specialty-grains.html

That's the kit I used. Hopefully everything is going well but I'm not sure since it's my first attempt. The required equipment costs about ~$200 and then each batch of 5 gallons is somewhere between ~$25-50. It only really takes like 3-4 hours 1 day and then 1-2 hours another day. Not too much work at all.

That looks pretty sweet. I'll definitely give it a go whenever I get more settled into a location. Not exactly something I want to ship to Asia and back.

Ambassador Of Fun

Jun 23, 2010
Good news guys! I don't know how many weeks/months it has been but I no longer click past the Stars link on the drop down menu on HF towards the Pacific division teams! :handclap:

oconnor9sean

Mar 3, 2013
DFW
Was he mad you spelled his name wrong?

I don't give a **** how that ******* wants his name spelled :laugh:

No, he was at a small burger joint at UT that I was at, and he thought I was trying to sneak a picture of him, when I was really just texting, and he yells at me from across the restaurant trying to embarrass me and be a cool guy for his friends.

I get that that crap probably happens to him a lot, but jeez, no wonder he has a horrible reputation. I don't think I've met an athlete as egotistical as him. Plus he should be in prison right now, anyway. Lol

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
youngrogerclemens.jpg

Brand New Stars

I gotta give it to you guys that live in Austin. I was there yesterday for a concert and I just can't imagine living there. All the sketchy people in the general 6th st area was crazy. I did go to Gourdough's which was just absolutely amazing. Best donuts I've ever had. The concert venue (Mohawk) was legit too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad