GDT: III | "Price Check" | Oilers vs. Habs | 1.16.21 | 5:00PM | SNW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soli

Supervision Required
Sep 8, 2005
Khaira coming out should mean that Shore stays in as 4C. Taking Chiasson out vs Montreal? Seems like a game Chiasson would get up for.

DavidHasselhoffsFist

Seen some dark places, but always pop back out!
May 9, 2010
Habs fans gonna be curled up in a blanket crying listening to their Wilson Phillips cassette tonight after the beating the Oil lay down

Going big on this one hold on to your hats
8-2 Oilers

(Seriously hold on to your hats....no hat tricks tonight, just a full team effort)

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
Seems to me like Archibald is the odd man out today. Not ideal but if it opens up a spot for Ennis on the 3rd line with Turris and Pulju I'm not complaining. Don't see Chiasson being a scratch given his role on the PP.

Sure you were. It was less than 7 hours to game time. Everyone knows a Soli GDT means everyone else dropped the ball.
Making GDTs on HF used to be a way for me to procrastinate, now apparently I'm procrastinating on making them too.

Reactions: ujju2

ToeMcDrag83

5-14-6-1
Aug 25, 2010
Oil Country
Some combination of Ennis, Haas, Nygard, Neal, Shore makes up a better 4th line than what we've had out there so far.

I get Khaira and Chiasson are part of a strong successful special team unit. But our biggest improvements need to happen 5-on-5 ultimately.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Seems to me like Archibald is the odd man out today. Not ideal but if it opens up a spot for Ennis on the 3rd line with Turris and Pulju I'm not complaining. Don't see Chiasson being a scratch given his role on the PP.

Making GDTs on HF used to be a way for me to procrastinate, now apparently I'm procrastinating on making them too.

You could be right. I would like to see more speed in the lineup against Montreal. I do agree with Soli though, Chiasson is probably going to be good to go against Montreal.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
8-3 Oilers. habs pull both goalies. They don't even play 3rd period because of Covid mercy rule.

Some time in second period Habs get a major for trying to put two goalies in the net at once. They they say f*** it and take them both out and play the game like they did in 1970 with no goalie.

sorry for the rambling synopsis, wife not making coffee yet..

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Can we really afford to take both Archi and Khaira out? PK would surely take a hit.

We may be pumping Chiasson and dumping him on MTL if he suits up today. Might be his last game as an Oiler.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
I think Yamamoto deserves it. He's a right-handed shot so nothing changes from a systems perspective. Better shot and better around the net than Chiasson.
Yams is a small guy and letting him get crosschecked hard by guys like Weber for 8 minutes a game in front of the net where anything goes, doesn’t seem like a sustainable plan for Yamamoto health

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I think Yamamoto deserves it. He's a right-handed shot so nothing changes from a systems perspective. Better shot and better around the net than Chiasson.
Part of being the net front guy on the PP is being able to hold off defenseman and open space up through the middle. Yamamoto gets abused by defenseman like Edler/Weber. You want Yamo in the slot or down low retrieving pucks and making plays from the sides.

Pulju would be a nice replacement for Chiasson in that spot.

TKB21

Oct 27, 2013
I can’t be the only confused as why Russell isn’t replacing Jones. I know lots of people aren’t Russell fans but he would be a big upgrade over a couple of our D men right now.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
I can’t be the only confused as why Russell isn’t replacing Jones. I know lots of people aren’t Russell fans but he would be a big upgrade over a couple of our D men right now.
You seem to be very confused because Jones is twice the player Russell is.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Jones other than being too eager to jump up offensively has been fine.

Hopefully he settles down. If Larsson has another poor showing I would be ok with Russlle replacing him

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
So if Chiasson is out(hope so), who gets that #1 PP spot? Yamamoto?
So Edmonton is not dressing Neal yet, even though he is off the covid-list? A very surprising move if not. He scored 12 ppg last season already. He is healthy now sire. I bow down here real hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad