IIHF World Championship

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Not watching but one thing I find really interesting is that Sharangovich is captain of the Belarus team. Looking at their lineup he's one of the few names I recognize and I think the only NHL-er so maybe it's just a talent thing, but there aren't too many guys younger than him there either. And he was also captain of his KHL team earlier this year.

He seems to garner a lot of respect in whatever locker-room he's in. I like that.

JrFischer54

Apr 4, 2017
who knows what their bench was yelling at him

lol its a nonissue, not that anyone in here sees it as a "character problem"

I’m sure others will make an excuse but I remember everyone up in arms was it that ranger prospect from Russia that threw his medal into the stands?

Captain3rdLine

Sep 24, 2020
The Swiss coach is severely under using Nico on the power play. He is without a doubt their most talented player but he’s not involved at all in the breakout(literally stands in the middle of the other teams blueline with his stick in the air) and he’s not a whole lot more than a net front guy in the zone. He literally plays a much bigger role and is more involved on the devils power play

mosare

Dec 19, 2013
The Swiss coach is severely under using Nico on the power play. He is without a doubt their most talented player but he’s not involved at all in the breakout(literally stands in the middle of the other teams blueline with his stick in the air) and he’s not a whole lot more than a net front guy in the zone. He literally plays a much bigger role and is more involved on the devils power play
They have a lot of very talented plsyers. But many of them still plays in switzerland

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
Corvi is great carrying the puck.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
I’m sure others will make an excuse but I remember everyone up in arms was it that ranger prospect from Russia that threw his medal into the stands?
I don’t understand, do you personally have a problem with Sharagovich flipping off the other team in the heat of the moment of a game? Does this bother you? Is this is a cause of concern for you?

I don’t understand the whataboutism comparison you’re making either, or remember people being that “up in arms” about Lias Andersson tossing his medal into the crowd, but I would point out that you get awarded things well after the game is over, so that’s not a heat of the moment thing, and the medal is gift from the host of tournament. The medal incident didn’t effect his draft stock, he was taken 7th overall. It may have been, in hindsight, called a “red flag” after his feud with the Rangers but that’s only because he seen by some as “high maintenance” or even a head case after things went south for him with that team. If he turns things around in LA then the narrative about him shifts again.

But again, that’s a weird comparison and I didn’t know you had such a delicate sensibilities that Sharagovich’s hand gesture is problem and “excuses” are needed. I didn’t think anyone other his older relatives and Belarusian officials would find it problematic. I thought it was pretty amusing, maybe the Slovakians are mouthy.

Reactions: TheDuke93

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2