OT: IIHF World Championship

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Quite an entrance by Krejci and Pasta. They spent the whole night on a plane and weren't expected to play at all. In a media interview, Pasta said he was banged up after the season and did not plan to arrive to the WC in the first place, but since Krejci was going and Pasta wanted to try playing on a line with him, he decided to join.

Then, in a 4-3 OT win, the jetlagged duo scored 1+3 (Krejci) and 2+1 (Pasta). :laugh:

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Pasta on Krejci after the game (my loose translation): "It is so much fun playing with him. I have to have my stick on the ice for the whole time because you never know when a pass from him comes. I like having the puck a lot, so Krejci is a great linemate for me".

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Pasta on Krejci after the game (my loose translation): "It is so much fun playing with him. I have to have my stick on the ice for the whole time because you never know when a pass from him comes. I like having the puck a lot, so Krejci is a great linemate for me".

Czech coach must be happy to have these two playimg together. Good on him for getting production out of two jet lagged players

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
It’s unfortunate he wasn’t that effective against Tampa.

Maybe the bruins just don’t use him effectively. I come from the perspective that not everything is krejcis fault. Let’s see how he plays in a different system, wouldn’t be the first or last bruin this has been the case with ( wheeler, smith, Seguin etc)

Mirinho

Jan 23, 2007
Then, in a 4-3 OT win, the jetlagged duo scored 1+3 (Krejci) and 2+1 (Pasta). :laugh:

Pasta had serious impact on 4th goal too (our first goal - Krejci goal and Jaskin and Gudas asissts) . Without him that goal would never happen.

Reactions: KrejciMVP

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Maybe the bruins just don’t use him effectively. I come from the perspective that not everything is krejcis fault. Let’s see how he plays in a different system, wouldn’t be the first or last bruin this has been the case with ( wheeler, smith, Seguin etc)

Your perspective is flawed IMO because he has been effective in the Bruin’s system for awhile. Maybe he doesn’t do as well with the offense that Cassidy likes to use, but the regular season numbers don’t seem to bear that out.

In 17 games after Cassidy took over last year, Krejci had 8g/4a, which is a good .59 ppg. This year he had 17g/27a in 64 games, so he averaged .69 ppg. In the postseason, he had 3g/7a in 12 games (-4), but all but two of the points came vs TOR, and six were on the PP.

It doesn’t appear that Cassidy’s system is a problem? In International play, he probably doesn’t have as much defensive responsibility and the ice surface is bigger. Plus, tournament play where the stronger teams don’t practice together for long lend themselves to firewagon hockey.

My issue with him was that 5 on 5 he disappeared against Tampa after the B’s went out and added a wing specifically to play with him at the deadline. In games where the 1st line didn’t carry the team, the 2nd line didn’t do enough. When you add his age and contract number to the equation, it’s concerning.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Your perspective is flawed IMO because he has been effective in the Bruin’s system for awhile. Maybe he doesn’t do as well with the offense that Cassidy likes to use, but the regular season numbers don’t seem to bear that out.

In 17 games after Cassidy took over last year, Krejci had 8g/4a, which is a good .59 ppg. This year he had 17g/27a in 64 games, so he averaged .69 ppg. In the postseason, he had 3g/7a in 12 games (-4), but all but two of the points came vs TOR, and six were on the PP.

It doesn’t appear that Cassidy’s system is a problem? In International play, he probably doesn’t have as much defensive responsibility and the ice surface is bigger. Plus, tournament play where the stronger teams don’t practice together for long lend themselves to firewagon hockey.

My issue with him was that 5 on 5 he disappeared against Tampa after the B’s went out and added a wing specifically to play with him at the deadline. In games where the 1st line didn’t carry the team, the 2nd line didn’t do enough. When you add his age and contract number to the equation, it’s concerning.

Ok flawed, I have as much of a chance as the habs winning the cup anytime soon than winning these arguments anyway. After watching him light up the Russians I feel confident about his game going forward. Ill leave it there

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Ok flawed, I have as much of a chance as the habs winning the cup anytime soon than winning these arguments anyway. After watching him light up the Russians I feel confident about his game going forward. Ill leave it there

I’m not quite sure why you are trying to play the “woe is me” card here? You said the system was a problem, but the stats don’t bear that out.

When Krejci is “on”, he’s very good. He had three points in one of the TOR games I thought as well? The issue is that when he’s off, it’s pretty noticeable. I would just like a more consistent effort from him in all 3 zones.

Reactions: northeastern

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I’m not quite sure why you are trying to play the “woe is me” card here? You said the system was a problem, but the stats don’t bear that out.

When Krejci is “on”, he’s very good. He had three points in one of the TOR games I thought as well? The issue is that when he’s off, it’s pretty noticeable. I would just like a more consistent effort from him in all 3 zones.

Woe is me, ok. This is the IIHF thread and Krejci had a good game. Do I think Krejci could be better in a different system. Sure, why not, look at Seguin.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Woe is me, ok. This is the IIHF thread.

That wasn’t what you were doing with the “I have as much a chance as the Habs” thing? I must have misunderstood?

The US won in OT yesterday against Latvia on a Cam Atkinson goal and are in first place in Group B. and Along with Sweden they are the only two teams who are unbeaten in the tournament. SWE has 12 pts to lead Group A and has won all four of their games in regulation.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
That wasn’t what you were doing with the “I have as much a chance as the Habs” thing? I must have misunderstood?

The US won in OT yesterday against Latvia on a Cam Atkinson goal and are in first place in Group B. and Along with Sweden they are the only two teams who are unbeaten in the tournament. SWE has 12 pts to lead Group A and has won all four of their games in regulation.

Team Canada is my pick to win with Mcdavid dominating yesterday. Looks like they have a pretty good roster

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Team Canada is my pick to win with Mcdavid dominating yesterday.

Going out on a limb with that one :laugh:

Sweden is always seems to be tough at these tournaments. They have a good Men’s league, so even their non-NHLers are pretty good. I think there are rules about how many players you can add to the roster after it’s submitted, but Forsberg would be a big addition if he wanted to play.

Kaoz

Apr 8, 2015
Woe is me, ok. This is the IIHF thread and Krejci had a good game. Do I think Krejci could be better in a different system. Sure, why not, look at Seguin.

Not sure I agree with your assessment on Seguin.

He lead the Bruins in scoring in just his second NHL season as a 19 year old winger. Not sure I'd say he was better in a different system, more likely just the natural evolution of a very good, very young player who's point totals increased as his ice time did. Julien was nefarious for limiting his wingers ice time, and rolling four lines more evenly then most. When considering actual time played, Seguin was just as productive that year as any in of his years in Dallas.

That's not to discount your theory that Krejci could be better in a different system. It's possible, there may be a system out there that's absolutely perfect for him. That said, there has been at least two different systems the Bruins employed in his tenure and he's been fairly consistent in what you can expect from him in each. Even in international play, which is usually a little more wide open offensively, he has had his ups and downs.

I wonder honestly if it might be the larger ice surface he tends to enjoy and the additional time that affords him to make plays. Knowing how he plays, and how good he can be with additional time and space it would seem at least plausible. Some interesting food for thought, there seems to be a disparity there (although sample sizes are naturally small)...

ResultGPGAPtsPIM
NA rinks23551014
Overseas rinks22710174
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Where can one watch this while at work?

Sorry for the late reply!

All the games are streamed on the IIHF YouTube channel, with a caveat - you have to trick your browser into thinking you're from a different country.

I'm on Chrome and using an extension called 'GeoProxy'. You select a country, choose a server (I'm using one in Holland) and then it works. Kind of a hassle, but the streams are nice quality.

Reactions: Alicat and Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Team Canada is my pick to win with Mcdavid dominating yesterday. Looks like they have a pretty good roster

Team Canada isn't as good as it could have been though- they were definite for Gold if Riley Nash had been able to play.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00