IIHF World Championship 2026, 2027, 2028

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
The Russia situation is difficult regarding visiting fans to Kazakhstan, besides Italy I don't think there's another country with as few traveling fans at top level World Championship tournaments and presumably in their case that would go both ways.

Nexon

Apr 18, 2019
I hope we get the tournament after we had to cancel it in 2026. I am still disappointed as I had tickets to all Swiss games as well as QF, SF and the final.
I wonder why not Lausanne again as it was supposed to be in 2020, it is much bigger city than Fribourg with comparable ice hockey tradition.

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
I wonder why not Lausanne again as it was supposed to be in 2020, it is much bigger city than Fribourg with comparable ice hockey tradition.
Many people wonder why and are quite annoyed about it, especially since it's been reported that Fribourg had the weakest application. There are rumours that Fasel pushed to have his hometown picked.

Whatever the reason, this tournament was supposed to replace the one that was cancelled in 2026 and in the end it won't. The only sure thing is that I won't be attending this farce.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
Many people wonder why and are quite annoyed about it, especially since it's been reported that Fribourg had the weakest application. There are rumours that Fasel pushed to have his hometown picked.

Whatever the reason, this tournament was supposed to replace the one that was cancelled in 2026 and in the end it won't. The only sure thing is that I won't be attending this farce.
Yeah I would have expected Lausanne as well. But Fribourg has a phantastic arena with a great athomosphere, so I am ok with it. We also have a new arena in Zurich, so it is 2 different arenas than planned in 2020.

Get over your frustration and go either way. I remember the last one in Kloten, celebrating with the Hungarian fans, just a very nice experience. So don't let politics frustrate you!

stv11

Jul 29, 2004
Switzerland
Yeah I would have expected Lausanne as well. But Fribourg has a phantastic arena with a great athomosphere, so I am ok with it. We also have a new arena in Zurich, so it is 2 different arenas than planned in 2020.

Get over your frustration and go either way. I remember the last one in Kloten, celebrating with the Hungarian fans, just a very nice experience. So don't let politics frustrate you!
I'll be off to my 14th WC later today, I can miss one once in a while.

I know I likely won't be able to resist, but I at most will go to Zurich.

Shawn Heins 44

Sep 22, 2012
Zurich
I'll be off to my 14th WC later today, I can miss one once in a while.

I know I likely won't be able to resist, but I at most will go to Zurich.
Yeah I know the feeling, in the end the wish to be there will be greater. But enjoy Prag and let's get this gold medal!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad