WJC: IIHF reffing is a joke MOD WARNING: Post 144

y2kcanucks

Le Sex God
Aug 3, 2006
Surrey, BC
In the first period of the Canada/Russia game, before Wotherspoon got taken out from behind that resulted in a 5 minute penalty, he was cut in the face by a Russian players skate and had to go to the bench for some stitches. I guess, according to some standards, that should have been a 5 minute penalty too. Russia got away with one...

BobDobolina

Jan 11, 2010
NYC
In the first period of the Canada/Russia game, before Wotherspoon got taken out from behind that resulted in a 5 minute penalty, he was cut in the face by a Russian players skate and had to go to the bench for some stitches. I guess, according to some standards, that should have been a 5 minute penalty too. Russia got away with one...

Wow you really sound bitter and angry. Hope you won't be starting any fights with guys in striped suits on NYE!

Bojovnik

Feb 11, 2007
England

Got to keep his head up, duh.

Preisst*

Jun 11, 2008
Western Canada
He did. It was a dangerously high leg kick. It's a ridiculous suggestion, but using the standards that some people used to justify the Camara hit that should have been a penalty.

Only one standard was needed for the Camara hit and it's called good clean hard hitting hockey. Don't like it then watch the ballet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad