IIHF 2021 World Hockey Championships could be cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I think Riga is nicer city as Minsk. But that only my personal view.
Nice is the small german part of it, the old town, but that's not what it is about when holding a sports event.

member 305909

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Probably the problem will be solved by itself so that there won't be a tournament next year either.

Reactions: Rob

BOS358

Purveyor of unpopular opinions
Jul 20, 2017
Boston
Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

Probably the problem will be solved by itself so that there won't be a tournament next year either.

Unfortunately, this is probably the most likely scenario.

DeysArena

Oct 5, 2020
The latest report is that the Minsk portion of the tournament will be moved to Moscow.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
I will sure boycott Latvia and Finnland for this holy war of slander. Disgusting.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Fasel now wants Latvia out as host and Minsk to be the sole host. :facepalm: Kummola response to that on the Iltapehti article was pretty much "No f***ing way! I can promise you this right here, right now."

Last edited:

Exarz

Jan 1, 2014
Helsinki
Fasel now wants Latvia out as host and Minsk to be the sole host. :facpalm: Kummola response to that on the Iltapehti article was pretty much "No f***ing way! I can promise you this right here, right now."
Yeah that's not gonna work out :laugh: Imagine the amount of teams dropping out

Reactions: Jussi

24 others

Jan 30, 2017
Fasel now wants Latvia out as host and Minsk to be the sole host. :facpalm: Kummola response to that on the Iltapehti article was pretty much "No f***ing way! I can promise you this right here, right now."
Do you have a link for that? Can't find it.

If true though, what an idiot this guy is.

Reactions: Kalv

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Tickets for the championship usually go on sale in September for the games and there is a major push done for xmas sales--not this year. Any tickets sales you are seeing are from resell websites who actually do not have the actually tickets. I usually travel with a large group of Fins and they are not expecting to travel this year. This is the group that has gone to every WC since 1990. The usual yearly website is also not up and running and when you click on it, it sends you to the IIHF home page

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
According to Klaus Zaugg, Fasel is travelling to Belarus as soon as he's healthy, to inform Lukashenko that Belarus will not be hosting the World next Spring. It would probably be made official at a January general meeting.

https://www.watson.ch/sport/eismeis...insk-die-suche-nach-einer-alternative-beginnt

According to Kalervo Kummola, he brought up the issue himself in a meeting, the head of the Danish hockey association went along and the ball started rolling.

https://www.is.fi/mmkiekko/art-2000007707292.html

Latvia being the sole host is under consideration.

Reactions: KTl
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino