OT: II. Tommy G's Steak and Chop House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Western also seems to have Queen's beaten in sports as well judging by the football game last weekend

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
Western also seems to have Queen's beaten in sports as well judging by the football game last weekend

Yeah... I don't really follow football. All I know is there was multiple car crashes on the road I had to take to get to my exam that night from drunk drivers.

DaStars99

Purdue Alumnus
Feb 6, 2007
Dallas
Back from OKC and man alive what a weekend. Awesome shows, can't wait to get these boots when they become available.

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Someone would have to seriously limit the music they listen to to come to this conclusion. There's so much out there better than Pearl Jam it's absurd.

Well, one of the best among popular musicians at least. Most popular music isn't very good. Most of my favorite music is stuff that most people haven't heard of. I'm more into blues rock than anything else though.

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Didn't realize they were putting up a permanent monument or plaque or whatever they're doing down there today. Bout bloody time.
Well there is the plaque inside the memorial behind Old Red. What are they putting up now?

I will say I found it odd that there was never a statue or something in the actual plaza.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
Well there is the plaque inside the memorial behind Old Red. What are they putting up now?

I will say I found it odd that there was never a statue or something in the actual plaza.

Below..

Rawlings revealed a permanent memorial at Dealey Plaza containing the final paragraph of a speech that Kennedy was set to give at the Dallas Trade Mart.

“We, in this country, in this generation, are — by destiny rather than by choice — the watchmen on the walls of world freedom. We ask, therefore, that we may be worthy of our power and responsibility, that we may exercise our strength with wisdom and restraint, and that we may achieve in our time and for all time the ancient vision of ‘peace on earth, good will toward men.’ That must always be our goal, and the righteousness of our cause must always underlie our strength. For as was written long ago: ‘except the Lord keep the city, the watchmen waketh but in vain.’"

ck26

Alcoholab User
Jan 31, 2007
HCanes Bandwagon
WFAA showing two hours of live coverage from 1963. Pretty surreal to watch.

Seeing a reporter just smoke on live TV.
I'm in Arizona these days, but I took the day off from work (unrelated) and have been listening to streaming 1310 The Ticket online, and they've been half-Kennedy all week. Amazing, amazing stuff. I've always recommended out-of-towners get to the AAC a couple hours early and walk down Houston street to have a look at Dealey Plaza / that museum, but I haven't actually done it myself in 5 or 6 years. Hearing first-hand info from now-retired newscasters (and from Rhyner himself) has changed my perception about 1960's Dallas, what the rest of the country thought about 1960's Dallas, and how much the assassination affected both.

To quote the late, the great Deion Sanders, "OOOH! What a day!" :sarcasm:

jmeehan1985

Jan 3, 2012
Looking for help from fellow hockey fans

I wouldn't usually post something like this but a little girl in my family needs help and it will take you literally 30s seconds to do it. I assume most people on here have Facebook and we recently reached out to the Boston Bruins in hoping they could help. They posted her story on there facebook, twitter and team website. Her name is McKenzie and she needs a petition signed to help her get the care she needs. We're not looking for donation just a simple name and were your from. It would be greatly appreciated.

It's on the front page of the Bruins facebook page. Or you can find it on the team page in the news section. You can find it on there twitter account as well.

Thanks everyone

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
K45HMm5.jpg

Dude, where's my car?

Klockis

Suter stan
Mar 21, 2013
Sweden
PANICCCCCCCCCCCCCC There's iceeeeeeeee.

At least this one is actually happening unlike the weather peeps' prediction a couple weeks ago.

Wait, what? You have ice in Dallas and the first few flings of snow just fell over Stockholm today (melted right away). What is the world coming to?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Ugh this is going to be brutal if we actually get half an inch of ice... the next few days aren't supposed to get over freezing either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad