OT: II. Tommy G's Steak and Chop House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brand New Stars

Punks? If you mean Sherman, then i think its kinda dumb to call all of them punks because of one guy.

Sherman, Golden Tate, Carroll for bringing infractions to USC then leaving and Lynch is kind of a punk for refusing to ever talk to the media.

Oh and Harvin has a history too.

Wilson is pure class though.

Last edited by a moderator:

SonicSpeedDash

All bets are off
Jun 22, 2010
Amarillo, TX
Sherman, Golden Tate, Carroll for bringing infractions to USC then leaving and Lynch is kind of a punk for refusing to ever talk to the media.

Oh and Harvin has a history too.

Wilson is pure class though.

Wilson deserved it. He's a very likable guy. I don't follow the Seahawks to much so i wouldn't know much of those other guys.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I would hate to have my classes cancelled around this time. It would screw up lab schedules and exams for people.

Brand New Stars

Well I just had my exams Tuesday and Wednesday so why should I care about other students tests amirite?

Brand New Stars

True Detective is great but it's only going to have 8 episodes correct? And if it's picked up it'll have new cast members which is useless.

I'll suggest Justified if you want a show you can binge watch.

usefulfiction

Jan 10, 2006
Prosper, TX
True Detective is great but it's only going to have 8 episodes correct? And if it's picked up it'll have new cast members which is useless.

oh man, I think the possibilities a clean slate affords the series is the exact opposite of useless. The format has been great for American Horror Story and it helps avoids the pitfall of dragging a show/storyline out for just for the sake of filling time.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
If you like Breking Bad i would highly recommend "The Wire" which was referred to me by some posters on HFBoards and it was every bit as good as BB IMHO.

Brand New Stars

oh man, I think the possibilities a clean slate affords the series is the exact opposite of useless. The format has been great for American Horror Story and it helps avoids the pitfall of dragging a show/storyline out for just for the sake of filling time.

It would depend if they could nab other big actors. Replacing Harrelson and Mcconaughey would prove to be very difficult. Oh and Daddario...

Jan 9, 2007
Australia

I agree with you. Obviously, this season isn't finished yet so we don't really know what we're working with exactly. I think the writing and directing has proven to be very solid. The format would easily lend itself to completely different characters in a completely different setting. For the sake of keeping things fresh hopefully the next season (if there is one) wouldn't be set in the south.

If you like Breaking Bad i would highly recommend "The Wire" which was referred to me by some posters on HFBoards and it was every bit as good as BB IMHO.

The Wire was recommended (very strongly) to me by very good friends of mine. I watched that entire show in less than two months and enjoyed it. I do think it tends to get a bit overrated though, same with Breaking Bad. Season 1 of Breaking Bad was actually pretty terrible. If I had been watching it when it first aired instead of picking it up after 3 seasons had aired I probably wouldn't have kept up with it. Luckily, it got better.

For my money, seasons 1-3 of Sons of Anarchy is better than both of those shows.

Edit: Mods, there has to be a better place to discuss TV than in the catch all OT thread. Can we make a dual Film/TV thread or give TV the space it deserves. I've come in here on more than one occasion expecting to hear someone make a fart joke and I run into spoilers for shows I'm watching.

piqued

easy game
Nov 22, 2006
Well there's the oft-neglected movie review thread. We could add TV shows to its purview I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad