Value of: Igor Shesterkin's next contract

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Igor didn't play in the NHL until what, like 4 seasons ago and under Gallant had light workloads. Too light if you ask me. I don't think he has that much mileage on him.
Geniuses like Arthur Staple were trying to convince Laviolette in the press conference to give him a rest after the first game of the season. I swear there are people who want the split to be like 55/45.

Gallant played the backups too often. I hope Laviolette plays the backup less.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Geniuses like Arthur Staple were trying to convince Laviolette in the press conference to give him a rest after the first game of the season. I swear there are people who want the split to be like 55/45.

How much less do you want to see? If Igor started 2 more games, he'd be tied for 5th, and 1 away from 4th place. Rangers also had a ton of back to back games last season (I think they lead the league). I don't think you'll find him starting much more than the 58 he started last season, perhaps a good number will be hitting 60/61

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY

Gallant inexplicably gave the season opener to Georgiev in 21-22 and the Rangers lost 5-1.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Gallant inexplicably gave the season opener to Georgiev in 21-22 and the Rangers lost 5-1.
I’d further argue Igor lost the Hart that season when he got a rest from his normal workload around February/March with us already qualified for the playoffs. The games he was playing for like that two week stretch didn’t go well.

How much less do you want to see? If Igor started 2 more games, he'd be tied for 5th, and 1 away from 4th place. Rangers also had a ton of back to back games last season (I think they lead the league). I don't think you'll find him starting much more than the 58 he started last season, perhaps a good number will be hitting 60/61
He should play as much as Hellebuyck and Vasilevskiy.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
It was a back-to-back with the home opener being the next night. I think a lot of coaches do that same thing or at least swap them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad