Value of: Ignite the Calgary Flames (Trade proposals)

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Okay so I understand a lot of Flames fans will dislike this thread a lot, but I'm really curious to see what other fan bases want from us and what they'd be willing to give up. I also promise I won't put my proposal inputs, only say if I like the idea of the trade proposed or not in this thread. We've really struggled as of late minus that Florida game. We need to see what value our players hold and what other teams hold for them. Honestly this is an unpopular opinion, but everyone but Tkachuk and Hamilton are available. I know Gaudreau just signed a contract and I definitely don't want to sell him cheap, but I want to see what offers are around for even him.

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
It's strange, because the Flames have completely dominated possession lately, but have just not gotten any puck luck. I think I read they're like the 3rd or 4th best team in terms of possession the last month or two.

I think the Flames should be sellers at the deadline, but making a blockbuster trade involving one of our young stars is completely dumb unless it's a MASSIVE overpay.

The Flames are definitely headed in the right direction. We just need to stay the course. Lots of reasons to be excited for the future.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
How about you don't make knee jerk reactions because that is when teams make crappy trades.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
I'll try.

Gaudreau

For

Smith
Ellis
Fabbro

tumblr_magx3des9d1qcqckvo1_500.gif

BigRangy

Get well soon oliver
Mar 17, 2015
It's strange, because the Flames have completely dominated possession lately, but have just not gotten any puck luck. I think I read they're like the 3rd or 4th best team in terms of possession the last month or two.

I think the Flames should be sellers at the deadline, but making a blockbuster trade involving one of our young stars is completely dumb unless it's a MASSIVE overpay.

The Flames are definitely headed in the right direction. We just need to stay the course. Lots of reasons to be excited for the future.

4th best 5v5 xGF% since Dec 21. I feel like they've been crap that whole time though.

sell everyone you can, gain assets. this team is way too asset poor to do anything. oh and also someone please take Brouwer, you know you need some intangibles.

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
How about Ryan at 6m + 3rd 18 for Brouwer + 2nd 17

The cap would be pretty even, Flames give up the better pick for the better player, or make it bigger and more complexed?

YennoItFlames

Sep 1, 2016
BT should tell GG a couple things like icing this line up

Johnny-Monahan-Ch'son
Backlund line
Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer
Bouma/Hathaway-Stajan-Ferland/Hathaway

Gio-Ham
JJ-Brodie
Wideman/Engo/Kulak/Wotherspoon

YourAverageFan*

Jan 19, 2016
BT should tell GG a couple things like icing this line up

Johnny-Monahan-Ch'son
Backlund line
Versteeg-Bennett-Brouwer
Bouma/Hathaway-Stajan-Ferland/Hathaway

Gio-Ham
JJ-Brodie
Wideman/Engo/Kulak/Wotherspoon

Pretty sure that exact same lineup has been used this year, minus JJ on the 2nd pairing.

Jokipakka should be no where near the Flames, let alone on the 2nd pairing. He is complete trash. Might be the worst D-man in the NHL. He's the dumbest and most incapable player I've ever watched.

Kulak should've been cemented on the 2nd pairing from the start, but we have 3 terrible D-men on one-way contracts and GG refuses to play him over any of them for whatever reason.

Sparky93

Dec 30, 2010
Pretty sure that exact same lineup has been used this year, minus JJ on the 2nd pairing.

Jokipakka should be no where near the Flames, let alone on the 2nd pairing. He is complete trash. Might be the worst D-man in the NHL. He's the dumbest and most incapable player I've ever watched.

Kulak should've been cemented on the 2nd pairing from the start, but we have 3 terrible D-men on one-way contracts and GG refuses to play him over any of them for whatever reason.

Nobody knows who Kulak is for a reason. Trades would have been made in the off season, if it wasn't for the expansion draft.

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton
Mm. I guess we could use some scoring depth. I just don't know what would be a good price for one dimensional small and butter soft overpaid winger.

Reinhart+a cap dump?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad