News Article: Iginla's new #12 Pens' jerseys selling out in Calgary

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
High demand for ex-captain’s new jersey

Sports stores in the country aren’t only buying old jerseys and t-shirts as memorabilia, there is now a huge demand for Iginla in black and gold.

Chinook Centre Jersey City store manager Ashley Proulx tells 660News the interest has been “insane.”

“They are asking you know every minute of every day since yesterday about Pittsburgh stuff for Iginla. We’re obviously going to get in, but we need a couple of weeks to get it all in our store but demand is huge,” says Proulx.

http://www.660news.com/2013/03/29/high-demand-for-ex-captains-new-jersey/

Last edited by a moderator:

Ray Shero*

I imagine they're in high demand everywhere except Boston.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
The standing ovation Calgary gave for the Iginla video tribute before the game (saw it on Puckdaddy) gave me the chills. I don't care how great you are at hockey, if you are not a great human, you just don't get that reception... LGP

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Yeah I'll probably grab an Iggy "name and number" t-shirt off of Shop.NHL.com as soon as I can. I still need to get a James Neal one too.

Even if Iggy doesn't resign here in the summer I'd still buy his t-shirt. Hell, by the time I got a Hossa shirt he had signed with Detroit so therefore his "name and number" Pens tshirt was only $10.00 :laugh:

FlightlessBird

Nov 5, 2005
Pittsburgh
Yeah I'll probably grab an Iggy "name and number" t-shirt off of Shop.NHL.com as soon as I can.

That's what I'll be getting too. Who knows if they'll ever have them on there though. They seem to have like three players. I also looked at Dick's website and they don't even have the regular player name tshirts with the logo on the front. All of theirs say Penguins on top, a tiny logo under that, and Hockey under the logo. It also has the player's number on the one corner of the chest. Hopefully someone gets them.

Dying Alive

Phil = 2x Champ
Mar 11, 2007
Pittsburgh
I tried to get an Iginla shersey at the arena today & they were already sold out at the main PensGear store an hour before the game started. They were sold out of jerseys as well.

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I tried to get an Iginla shersey at the arena today & they were already sold out at the main PensGear store an hour before the game started. They were sold out of jerseys as well.

At this rate we will be making back Iginla's prorated salary in no time! I'm still boycotting NHL licensed merchandise, but man, I want one of these shirts pretty bad...

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Sorry, couldn't find the info anywhere, he's keeping the number 12 right?

Yep. He wore 12 today.

image.jpg

mesaywee

Jan 12, 2010
Calgary fans are crazy about their jerseys, just look at the C of red.

Doesn't surprise me whats-so-ever. Iginla is an icon in Calgary, and the fans will support him regardless of where he goes. I'm positive that bars in Calgary during the playoffs will look like they are in Pittsburgh.

As a life long Calgarian and Flames fan, GO PENGUINS GO.

JQR

Clearly it's Lovejoy
Jan 25, 2012
What? Errey's number isn't retired? Travesty!

I think they made a joke about that the other night. Steigy said something like, "Well, it looks like they're going to have to take number 12 down from the rafters!" And Errey was like, "Ehhh, hehhh, hehhh!!!"

sf expat71

Nov 10, 2008
Atlantic Ocean
I think they made a joke about that the other night. Steigy said something like, "Well, it looks like they're going to have to take number 12 down from the rafters!" And Errey was like, "Ehhh, hehhh, hehhh!!!"

Dang I missed that. I may be in the minority here, but I enjoy errey as the color guy. Just wish steiggy was not around though.

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Dang I missed that. I may be in the minority here, but I enjoy errey as the color guy. Just wish steiggy was not around though.
I don't think the exchange about the jersey coming down from the rafters was that great. I might still have it recorded. I'll upload it if I find it.

Kruncher11

a whole lotta grease
Jun 27, 2011
Pittsburgh
I think I may be the only one who doesn't mind Steigy & Errey.

You guys can check out the Pens store on the south side by the cheesecake factory. They usually have a pretty good selection of jersey shirts. I just got an old school Larry Murphy jersey shirt down there the other week.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad