Proposal: Iginla to Habs

forbzee44

May 7, 2014
For Sven Andrighetto?

Seems like he's been left behind in Montreal, been a fan of his, seems like the Habs wouldn't mind losing him.

Not sure on Montreal's Cap Space, would be willing to retain salary on Iggy, the more retained, the higher the pick, wouldn't ask for much, maybe a future 3rd for 50%, even a 4th.

This trade would probably work with Doan to Arizona as well...

Not sure what Habs fans even think of Sven these days.

EDIT: Put the wrong prefix in, sorry guys
EDIT 2: Been Fixed

Last edited:

missionAvs

Leader of the WGA
Sponsor
Aug 18, 2009
Florida
Sigh, clicked on this thread hoping to see an actual rumor from a semi-reputable source. Was left disappointed.

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
Not sure why Colorado...or any team would want Ghetto. Everyone already passed on him earlier this year when he was on waivers.

That being said...he could probably be had for a 4th. Maybe a 3rd if Colorado retains on him.

forbzee44

May 7, 2014
Not sure why Colorado...or any team would want Ghetto. Everyone already passed on him earlier this year when he was on waivers.

That being said...he could probably be had for a 4th. Maybe a 3rd if Colorado retains on him.

Who else might the Habs want to give up for Iggy though? We'd have to add pretty hard for Hudon, probably same for Jacob DLR

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
Who else might the Habs want to give up for Iggy though? We'd have to add pretty hard for Hudon, probably same for Jacob DLR

It's not anout what would the habs be willing to give up...it's about what would Colorado want.

Habs arent going to want to trade Hudon...he is a decent prospect and more importantly French.

JDLR has little value. Colorado probably would want a pick.

forbzee44

May 7, 2014
It's not anout what would the habs be willing to give up...it's about what would Colorado want.

Habs arent going to want to trade Hudon...he is a decent prospect and more importantly French.

JDLR has little value. Colorado probably would want a pick.

I think the Avs will be selling off some people this year, I'd think that younger AHL guys that have a bit of potential, but are still pretty cheap, would be the targets, as opposed to picks. Need someone to play, so I was hoping for guys along the Sven/DLR type.

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
i've always said ghetto was not NHL top6 worthy despite all the habs fan being all over his jock,

but

not interrested one bit in iginla.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
For Sven Andrighetto?

Seems like he's been left behind in Montreal, been a fan of his, seems like the Habs wouldn't mind losing him.

Not sure on Montreal's Cap Space, would be willing to retain salary on Iggy, the more retained, the higher the pick, wouldn't ask for much, maybe a future 3rd for 50%, even a 4th.

This trade would probably work with Doan to Arizona as well...

Not sure what Habs fans even think of Sven these days.

EDIT: Put the wrong prefix in, sorry guys
EDIT 2: Been Fixed

I would trade Sven Andrighetto for Iginla, if Colorado retained (they would have to to make it work) but I wouldn't include any kind of pick at all.

I'm not sure why Colorado would do this, though. Even with his steep slide this season, surely they could do better than Sven Andrighetto?

forbzee44

May 7, 2014
I would trade Sven Andrighetto for Iginla, if Colorado retained (they would have to to make it work) but I wouldn't include any kind of pick at all.

I'm not sure why Colorado would do this, though. Even with his steep slide this season, surely they could do better than Sven Andrighetto?

Iginla's been pretty brutal TBH, plus has a high salary, I'm honestly not sure if we could do better than Sven at this rate

IWantSakicAsMyGM

Oct 13, 2011
Colorado

Honestly, I'd do Iginla at 50% for a conditional 4th. Condition is, Habs win the Cup, otherwise it's a 7th. But, I also think Sakic might want Iggy to have one last legit shot at a Cup more than he wants something valuable in return.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Wouldn't mind Iggy at 50% on the 3rd line (strictly on the 3rd)

Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Radulov
Pacioretty - Plekanec - Gallagher
Byron - Shaw - Iginla
Danault - Mitchell - Flynn

Would be a fun line...would something like DD (expires at the end of the year) + 5th work? Price can't be too high if Sakic wants to ship him out for one last run.

SemONER*

Jun 25, 2016
He's needs to go to a team with an actual chance. Colorado is garbage and montreal is meh.

He's been **** for a while. It's hard to watch. Get him to to an actual contender and maybe he'll give a **** again. He has no reason to care right now and it shows. He knows he ****ed up signing in Colorado

DFF

Feb 28, 2002
It's a good idea if the Habs are so good that they can afford to carry a 12th forward as some what of an emotional leader.

Although Iglina has never really won anything in the NHL, he could be like Bourque was

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00