TSN: Iginla submitted a list of four teams he would approve a trade to

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
As the April 3 NHL trade deadline approaches, speculation continues to swirl around Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla.

Sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that Iginla submitted a list of four teams he would approve a trade to; the Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings.

The Flames have taken the position of not commenting on the speculation.

The 25-year-old Iginla is in the final year of a three-year, $21 million deal and will be an unrestricted free agent following the season.

Through 29 games this season, he has eight goals and 13 assists for 21 points.

Drafted by the Dallas Stars in the first round (11th overall) in 1995, Iginla was traded to the Flames on Dec. 19, 1995, in exchange for Joe Nieuwendyk. He has played 1,217 regular season games for the Flames dating back to the 1996-97 season.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
As the April 3 NHL trade deadline approaches, speculation continues to swirl around Calgary Flames captain Jarome Iginla.

Sources have told TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger that Iginla submitted a list of four teams he would approve a trade to; the Pittsburgh Penguins, Boston Bruins, Chicago Blackhawks and Los Angeles Kings.

The Flames have taken the position of not commenting on the speculation.

The 25-year-old Iginla is in the final year of a three-year, $21 million deal and will be an unrestricted free agent following the season.

Through 29 games this season, he has eight goals and 13 assists for 21 points.

Drafted by the Dallas Stars in the first round (11th overall) in 1995, Iginla was traded to the Flames on Dec. 19, 1995, in exchange for Joe Nieuwendyk. He has played 1,217 regular season games for the Flames dating back to the 1996-97 season.

Is this 2003?!

SaneQ

May 14, 2012
Finland
I hate the Pens, but would like to see what Iggy can come up with as Crosby or Malkin as his center... Maybe he can score over 30 goals and continue his streak? :sarcasm:

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
I'm sorry but if we're giving up 25yr old Iggy I expect kings ransom! Elite #1 C coming back our way.

Trae

Calgary
Mark my words, IF Iginla is traded, I will immediately go and buy his new jersey... even if it is Vancouver. Crossing my fingers for Pittsburgh or Boston.

Please don't be Vancouver :(

...followed shortly after with a MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov Flames jersey.

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
Mark my words, IF Iginla is traded, I will immediately go and buy his new jersey... even if it is Vancouver. Crossing my fingers for Pittsburgh or Boston.

Please don't be Vancouver :(

...followed shortly after with a MacKinnon/Jones/Barkov Flames jersey.

If I had the money, I would probably do the same (sans Vancouver).

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Why are people mentioning Vancouver even? wasn't on his list lol?

Whoever wants to pay the most. I'm down with.
I'd rather see him out East, but if Chicago feels like dealing big, then let'em

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I'll be happy to see Iginla go to a competitor and that's it. Regardless of the return, or whoever the club (including Vancouver) I would be so happy to see Iginla lift lord Stanley.

And then sign in Calgary

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
I'll be happy to see Iginla go to a competitor and that's it. Regardless of the return, or whoever the club (including Vancouver) I would be so happy to see Iginla lift lord Stanley.

And then sign in Calgary

If he wins it this year I could see him re-signing here if not I don't think we will see him in a flames jersey again until he is well over the hill ala Smyth.

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I for one can't believe how sad this is. For almost half my life I've been cheering him on for my home team. Now I have to watch him play in another jersey.

I think there might be a good chance Feaster doesn't get what he wants for him and is left with a sub-par return. Really the ball is in those 4 teams courts. Just hope Pit and Bos start a bidding war. Otherwise try don't have to offer as much as we hope, knowing the flames are now in a desperate spot.

Man I'm gonna be sad when he goes. He prolly won't cry like R. Smyth did, but I sure as hell will. :(

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
That's why I want him to win it this year

Yea I want him to win this year as well, but to be honest if he goes to another team wins and doesn't want to come back to this cluster**** I will not blame him at all. As much as I love watching him on the Flames we haven't seen him have fun playing hockey in several years I think if he goes to Pitts and has fun again he won't come back.

inxs

Jun 13, 2011
If Boston want iginla, i go with this :

Iginla

vs

Horton (UFA next year)
M. Subban
Jared Knight
first round pick (only if Horton don't sign with us)

In the same time, we going to be good on cap market (64m)

Trae

Calgary
I for one can't believe how sad this is. For almost half my life I've been cheering him on for my home team. Now I have to watch him play in another jersey.

I think there might be a good chance Feaster doesn't get what he wants for him and is left with a sub-par return. Really the ball is in those 4 teams courts. Just hope Pit and Bos start a bidding war. Otherwise try don't have to offer as much as we hope, knowing the flames are now in a desperate spot.

Man I'm gonna be sad when he goes. He prolly won't cry like R. Smyth did, but I sure as hell will. :(
I'm trying not to think about it until it actually happens. I know when it does it will finally hit me, and surely it will be a dark day. And the first game without him will be awful for us.

BUT, if there's one thing I've learned with this organization, don't ever expect anything until it actually happens, because it mostly never happens.

Trae

Calgary
If Boston want iginla, i go with this :

Iginla

vs

Horton (UFA next year)
M. Subban
Jared Knight
first round pick (only if Horton don't sign with us)

In the same time, we going to be good on cap market (64m)
Too much from Boston, imo. And I really don't want Subban. Horton doesn't do much for a rebuilding/retooling Calgary either.

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Morrow to Pitts pending him waving his no trade clause, looks like Pitt is out of the Iginla sweep stakes. I think he is going to the Bruins for sure now. Most likely hurts his return too.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad