Speculation: Iginla signing with St. Louis?

kilowatt

the vibes are not immaculate
Jan 1, 2009
He has fit pretty well on the Kings - I wouldn't mind him back on a cheap deal if that's what he wants.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Still better skater than Jaskin.

Who is injured and wouldn't be dressing even if he wasn't. Honestly not sure why anyone would think Iginla would be a fit here. Blues are looking to get faster, not add another slow guy.

Hawksfan2828

Mar 1, 2007
Libertyville, IL
Does anything think that this a possibility? Iginla has proven that with a more slow paced possession team he can be still very effective. I mean every Flames fans would love what is very much Iginla's final season (If he chooses to play after this season) to sign with the Flames, but the Flames play a fast paced skilled possession game, which Iginla doesn't fit anymore. So out of all possible playoff contenders, St. Louis is the only slow paced possession team I know. So who sees Iginla signing with the Blues?

Iggy should just retire..

I could see a team maybe giving him a tryout and if he makes the roster he will only get league minimum..

SmellOfVictory

Jun 3, 2011
That's what we all said about Brouwer. I like Iggy, but I don't think he'd fit the Flames system at all.

The difference being the Iginla is a demonstrably better possession player than Brouwer, in spite of having 8 years on him (I mean, he's not a great possession player anymore, but he's not Brouwer-level black hole). The major failing for both players is that they're slow, but Iginla is a substantially smarter player, better passer, and better shot than Brouwer is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad