Speculation: Iginla signing with St. Louis?

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Does anything think that this a possibility? Iginla has proven that with a more slow paced possession team he can be still very effective. I mean every Flames fans would love what is very much Iginla's final season (If he chooses to play after this season) to sign with the Flames, but the Flames play a fast paced skilled possession game, which Iginla doesn't fit anymore. So out of all possible playoff contenders, St. Louis is the only slow paced possession team I know. So who sees Iginla signing with the Blues?

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
I don't think there's a chance he goes to St. Louis. He has 3 kids, he isnt moving to Missouri away from his kids for a year. I also don't consider them to be a "contender" as they're a low seeded team in the west this year.

All things considered (moving from his family, 1 year, cup longshot, potentially better teams in play) I dont see any reason why he'd choose St. Louis. He has nothing left to prove unless he's going to a cup favourite.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
If Iginla is going to sign anywhere, it should be re-signing in LA. He's proven he kinda fits there (although he really drags the Kopitar line a bit 5v5).

Otherwise, he should retire.

sparxx87

Don Quixote
Jan 5, 2010
Toronto
He wants to win, why St Louis? Team isn't winning and the city is no silver lining?

I've liked him as a King, so far. Stay there.

Dbrownss

Jan 5, 2014
He wants to win, why St Louis? Team isn't winning and the city is no silver lining?

I've liked him as a King, so far. Stay there.

Odd....players seem to like living there, and some choose to live there.

As for Iginla, absolutely not. Blues wouldn't have interest in him. They are moving towards speed.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
I mean, I'm a flames fan and I don't want Iggy back. Love the guy. His time in Calgary as a player is over, remember him as the elite power forward he was for us, not a washed up goal scorer.

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
Flames would love Iggy back if we can get Vegas to take Brouwer off our hands. He would slot perfectly on the Bennett line.

So a worse defensive and slower Brouwer? There's a reason why Iggy and Brouwer fit the Kings and Blues, because they are a defense first minded slower style team that focuses on preventing chances for their corsi more so than generating chances unlike Calgary and Nashville.

Oberyn

Prince of Dorne
Mar 27, 2011
Blues would have zero interest in him and I think Iginla feels the same way

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Only team that makes sense for him to sign this off-season if not retirement is Calgary. Best Flame of all-time (for now at least).

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
Iginla can't keep up with the game anymore and is a possession drag on every line he plays with.

It's time for him to let go and retire, or accept a role as a 13th forward on top-end team.

He can't help a team as anything more than a 4th liner anymore.

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
We don't have room for him.

St. Louis needs a good top 6 C or RW under the age of 30. That's it.

Iginla isn't bringing that to the table.

PiggySmalls

Oink Oink MF
Mar 7, 2015
Makes zero sense from the Blues perspective. Yeo has said he wasn't going to change much this year from hitchs system. But next year I see him changing things to speed the team up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad