Rumor: Iginla interested in the Blues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
I disagree with most here. I don't believe that landing Iginla spells the end for Stewart. It simply means no center acquisition this off-season.

Schwartz-Backes-Iginla
Steen-Berglund-Oshie
Perron-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Cracknell-Porter-Reaves
Aucoin, Grachev

Bouwmeester/Pietrangelo
Jackman/Shattenkirk*
Leopold/Polak*
Cole

Halak
Elliott

* This is what I'd like to see the pairings as, but with recent comments from the Blues front office, I'm guessing we see Leopold and Shattenkirk back together.

Allen and Jaskin start in the AHL.

I'm not sure how much Iginla is looking for as far as term, but he is over 35 and thus bonus-eligible. That is good news for the Blues, since they could tie several bonuses to team playoff performance.

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I disagree with most here. I don't believe that landing Iginla spells the end for Stewart. It simply means no center acquisition this off-season.

Schwartz-Backes-Iginla
Steen-Berglund-Oshie
Perron-Sobotka-Tarasenko
Cracknell-Porter-Reaves
Aucoin, Grachev

Bouwmeester/Pietrangelo
Jackman/Shattenkirk*
Leopold/Polak*
Cole

Halak
Elliott

* This is what I'd like to see the pairings as, but with recent comments from the Blues front office, I'm guessing we see Leopold and Shattenkirk back together.

Allen and Jaskin start in the AHL.

I'm not sure how much Iginla is looking for as far as term, but he is over 35 and thus bonus-eligible. That is good news for the Blues, since they could tie several bonuses to team playoff performance.

Where does Stewart fit on there?

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
Where does Stewart fit on there?

LOL, just saw that.

Schwartz-Backes-Iginla
Perron-Berlgund-Stewart
Perron-Oshie-Tarasenko
Cracknell-Porter-Sobotka
Aucoin, Reaves

What can I say, I worked yesterday and have off today. Day drinking and internet posting don't always go together...

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
LOL, just saw that.

Schwartz-Backes-Iginla
Perron-Berlgund-Stewart
Perron-Oshie-Tarasenko
Cracknell-Porter-Sobotka
Aucoin, Reaves

What can I say, I worked yesterday and have off today. Day drinking and internet posting don't always go together...

I hate to be that guy...but Perron listed twice with no Steen :naughty:

bluemandan

Ya Ma Goo!
Mar 18, 2008
You also spelled Berglund's name wrong. GET IT TOGETHER MAN!!!

:laugh:

But its my Independance Day celebration!!! (Okay, the party doesn't start for a couple hours, I started early. Might need to slow down a bit, although I won't have to type stuff on the internet once people get here... :yo:)

Schwartz-Backes-Iginla
Perron-Berglund-Stewart
Steen-Oshie-Tarasenko
Cracknell-Porter-Sobotka
Aucoin, Reaves

With Cullern and Weiss now off the market, its looking more and more like our sights are set on Iginla.

(Any other mistakes? :cheers:)

timtindall

May 10, 2013
st. louis
I don't buy into the well he is 36, and old. If you can still play and produce, that should be what matters. I would love to have Iginla. You know he wants a cup, and if he is interested in us then that means he sees something here. Imagine him on a line with Backes, or even Tarasenko. That would boost the whole team. Finally getting crisp passes, and putting pucks in the net, instead of just wide. Look at his stats from years past. 08-09, 89 points 09-10, 69 points 10-11, 86 points 11-12, 67 points 12-13, 33 points in 44 games. I don't see him slowing down, or slowing down that much.

Colt 55

RIP Oscar and Jose
Jan 28, 2012
Coronado
If somebody offers stewart a contract that would give us a 1st and a 3rd, I would sincerely hope we don't match it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad