Iggy or the habs

Bhurak

Jan 5, 2006
I'm not sure if I'm cheering for Iggy, but I know I'm not cheering for the Habs.

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Neither. Don't like either team and will not cheer for either. Only once have cheered for Boston and that was when they played against Vancouver.

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Would rather see almost any other playoff potential team win it more than the Habs. It doesn't matter anyway as outside of the Flames I want Iggy to win the cup more than any other player or team.

Iggy, AINEC.

Iggy. **** the habs and this is coming from someone who has absolutely nothing against the them.

Why would I cheer for the Habs?

This a serious question?

All of these.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Question for all you Canadian flames fans. Playoffs coming quick, so as flames fans would you rather see iggy win his cup this season or Montreal win the cup for Canada?
It's amusing that you think a poll is needed. This without a doubt will be an Iggy landslide. The only way Iggy winning a cup vs any team would not be a landslide, is if the team was the Flames.

YMCMBYOLO

WEDABEST
Mar 30, 2009
For me:

1. Flyers (Flames fan living in Philly, have watched most of their games this year so it's only fitting).
2. Bruins
3. Habs

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
I made this poll to prove a point to a guy that he's not as true of a fan as he says he is. If he chooses the habs (canadas only playoff team) ove Iggy then he's not a true fan of Iggy.

JulianHopper*

I made this poll to prove a point to a guy that he's not as true of a fan as he says he is. If he chooses the habs (canadas only playoff team) ove Iggy then he's not a true fan of Iggy.

A lot of us Flames fans and fans of other teams are only fans of our team regardless.

Us Flames fans have had some really good players play here over the years. If a player leaves here we still love them but we don't cheer for their new team.

Robyn Regehr is another good player that played for the Flames, we wish him luck and hope he wins the cup someday but we're not going to cheer for LA or get on their bandwagon.

Us Flames fans will stick with our team till the last game of the regular season and if we miss the playoffs we look forward to next season.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
A lot of us Flames fans and fans of other teams are only fans of our team regardless.

Us Flames fans have had some really good players play here over the years. If a player leaves here we still love them but we don't cheer for their new team.

Robyn Regehr is another good player that played for the Flames, we wish him luck and hope he wins the cup someday but we're not going to cheer for LA or get on their bandwagon.

Us Flames fans will stick with our team till the last game of the regular season and if we miss the playoffs we look forward to next season.

True, but at the same time, it is a given that one of the 29 other teams in the NHL is going to win a Cup this year, and we are powerless to stop it from happening. It is only natural to have one or a few teams which we would prefer to see win it, and the human interest story that is Jarome Iginla is a bit of a special case.

It does not lessen your loyalty to the Flames to wish success on another franchise at all. As the old proverb states, "blowing out another's candle will not make yours shine brighter."

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
I hate all Canadian teams, except OTT, don't hate them.

I cheer for Iggy, then Philly, then San Jose.

Last edited by a moderator:

BVicious

Jun 15, 2012
Sorry about expressing my opinion based on my political beliefs.

Anyway, Iggy > Montreal's entire Franchise.

fallsviewafro*

Iginla is possibly the most important player the Flames franchise has ever had. There's a difference between "a good player that played for the Flames" and "franchise leader in just about everything there can be a leader in."

Last edited by a moderator:
Jan 29, 2009
Edmonton/Calgary
I think I would rather have any team but Montreal win..... They think there so great winning a billion cups in a league with 6 other teams.

In fact I hate every Canadian team, but Ottawa and maybe Winnipeg... Toronto I can stand a bit to because I like there logo and I feel bad for there fans lol.

This year in order who I want to win

1. Boston
2. Chicago
3. Philly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad