Iggy or the habs

Mr Lebowski

Go Flames
Feb 18, 2014
Toronto
Iggy. I mean it's Iggy. We have a huge thread just fir him and now a lot of Flames fans new avatars are Iggy on the Bruins (including mine)

TheHudlinator

Nov 21, 2011
Victoria,BC
Would rather see almost any other playoff potential team win it more than the Habs. It doesn't matter anyway as outside of the Flames I want Iggy to win the cup more than any other player or team.

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary beat Montreal for their only Cup, on the Canadiens' home ice in the Forum. Would do it again and again and again and not care who was "Canada's Team."

Also, I believe the actual (as in real, not fake, actual, authentic) Team Canada already won their tournament and brought the nation its pride in ice hockey ability.

Futhermore, the Canadiens have 13 players of non-Canadian origin which is exactly half of their roster. So exactly who are Montreal Canadiens winning the Stanley Cup for (if they do at all, and let's face it it's unlikely to be this post-season) again??

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
Iggy. I mean it's Iggy. We have a huge thread just fir him and now a lot of Flames fans new avatars are Iggy on the Bruins (including mine)

I just had a big discussion with another flames fan about this and he would choose the habs as the cup for canada is more important. IMO he's not a true iggy fan then.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I've never put much stock in having a "Canadian" team win the cup. All teams in the NHL are more or less Canadian due to majority player nationality. I would say the relationship between Canadian NHL teams is often more of a rivalry than solidarity. I cheered hard against the Canucks in 2011 because they are a rival (and it didn't hurt that there were more Canadian players on the Bruins).

Personally, though, I don't mind the Eastern Canadian teams. I would like to see Montreal or even Toronto win a Cup. But nowhere near as much as I'd love to see Iginla raise that Cup (you know, the one he rightfully won in 2004 ;)).

Guido Sarducci

Aug 7, 2012
canyon meadows
I want the Canadian Stanley Cup drought to end. But it has to be the Flames that do it. Anybody but Montreal. If Iggy wins, that's great. I'm rooting for the Kings. (Sutter, Regehr, Jones)

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
I've never put much stock in having a "Canadian" team win the cup. All teams in the NHL are more or less Canadian due to majority player nationality. I would say the relationship between Canadian NHL teams is often more of a rivalry than solidarity. I cheered hard against the Canucks in 2011 because they are a rival (and it didn't hurt that there were more Canadian players on the Bruins).

Personally, though, I don't mind the Eastern Canadian teams. I would like to see Montreal or even Toronto win a Cup. But nowhere near as much as I'd love to see Iginla raise that Cup (you know, the one he rightfully won in 2004 ;)).

That's spoken like a true fan. ( f the habs though). I'm a die a hard bruins fan who lives in Calgary, and I was shocked when that guy told me he would take habs over iggy.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
That's spoken like a true fan. ( f the habs though). I'm a die a hard bruins fan who lives in Calgary, and I was shocked when that guy told me he would take habs over iggy.

Were you perhaps walking across a bridge at the time? Because he may well have been trolling.

tmurfin

That’s the joke
May 8, 2010
Iggy. **** the habs and this is coming from someone who has absolutely nothing against the them.

JulianHopper*

Question for all you Canadian flames fans. Playoffs coming quick, so as flames fans would you rather see iggy win his cup this season or Montreal win the cup for Canada?

I love Jarome but I'm not a Bruins fan.

MarkGio

Nov 6, 2010
I didn't spend a single second hesitating an answer to this. **** Montreal, go Iggy!

MuffinMerc

Come watch TV
Jan 23, 2013
As they will be the only Canadian team on the playoffs. Drives me nuts when people in canada jump on any Canadians team band wagon in the pkayoffs just because they are from canada.

There are Canadians everywhere.

When the Flames are usually eliminated I cheer for players more so than the team. In the West it's the Avs and the Sharks (ROR, Duchene, Commander Sheppard). In the East it's the Bruins (Iggy) and Detroit (they're all good). I rooted on the Habs when they forced Game 7 a few years back, and that was only because I'm a fan of Price (and really dislike Marchand).

Unlimited Chequing

Christian Yellow
Jan 29, 2009
Calgary, Alberta
Boston, AINEC.

I don't have anything against the Habs per se, but I have no reason to cheer for them either. I would never cheer for a team just because they are the last or only Canadian team in the playoffs. I think anyone who does that doesn't really get competitive sports in general. If Vancouver or Edmonton ( :laugh: ) were in the playoffs, why would I cheer for them when they're our rivals?

High five Tom

Nov 11, 2012
Boston, AINEC.

I don't have anything against the Habs per se, but I have no reason to cheer for them either. I would never cheer for a team just because they are the last or only Canadian team in the playoffs. I think anyone who does that doesn't really get competitive sports in general. If Vancouver or Edmonton ( :laugh: ) were in the playoffs, why would I cheer for them when they're our rivals?

My thoughts exactly. I don't get why people do. The country doesn't benefit from it? So why does it matter.

Johnny Hoxville

The Return of a Legend
Jul 15, 2006
Calgary
Flyers, Boston and Kings for me, in that order. The only other Canadian team I kind of like is the Jets. I hate the Nucks and Oilers. I like JVR on the Leafs, but can't stand Carlyle. I feel totally indifferent about the Sens and Habs, although I think I would get on the Sens wagon if they ever went deep in the post season again.

Iggy winning the Cup for me would be something I would never forget and it would probably make me shed some tears. Seeing the Habs win wouldn't do much if anything for me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad