Proposal: Iggy at the deadline

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Fwiw, from a third party perspective I think your 1st, a top prospect and average prospect would be of interest to flames. They could always ask for a near NHL ready player but I honestly don't know every single bruins prospect effectively enough to suggest one. It may take less or it may take more. It depends who the players are and what the market is.

Talk of Bergeron is ludacris. You won't find many sane fans suggesting it.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Kaberle's contributions to the Cup run was noticeable to those that paid attention. He wasn't very good in the first few games in the Montreal series, but he redeemed himself in my eyes with his play the rest of the playoffs. And consider this: Not having Kaberle would have meant playing Shane Hnidy. No Kaberle would most likely have resulted in No Cup considering our other internal options. He served his purpose. He was unspectacular, but had more good moments than he had bad.

Iginla on the Bruins... Where would he play? If we get Iginla, someone from the current top 6 moves to the third line and suddenly becomes the most expensive third line in hockey ( or among them ).

member 96824

Kaberle's contributions to the Cup run was noticeable to those that paid attention. He wasn't very good in the first few games in the Montreal series, but he redeemed himself in my eyes with his play the rest of the playoffs. And consider this: Not having Kaberle would have meant playing Shane Hnidy. No Kaberle would most likely have resulted in No Cup considering our other internal options. He served his purpose. He was unspectacular, but had more good moments than he had bad.

Iginla on the Bruins... Where would he play? If we get Iginla, someone from the current top 6 moves to the third line and suddenly becomes the most expensive third line in hockey ( or among them ).

Lucic-krejci-seguin
Marchand-bergeron-iggy
Pevs-kelly-horton.

Im in love

Shoebottom

Bruin exiting lair
Aug 31, 2005
7 steps from my can

Yup. The fact is that we won the cup with Kaberle. He wasn't what we thought he would be, but he still contributed to the win. We played 3 7game series, change one small part of our roster and we might not get past the 1st round vs montreal, just like we didn't vs Washington last season. Change Zanon & Pouliot for Kaberle & Ryder and we might have been looking for a 2nd straight cup. With all due respect, NJ wasn't a better team than the Bs last year.

member 96824

Yup. The fact is that we won the cup with Kaberle. He wasn't what we thought he would be, but he still contributed to the win. We played 3 7game series, change one small part of our roster and we might not get past the 1st round vs montreal, just like we didn't vs Washington last season. Change Zanon & Pouliot for Kaberle & Ryder and we might have been looking for a 2nd straight cup. With all due respect, NJ wasn't a better team than the Bs last year.

And through the history of the bruins organization we are still undefeated in playoff series's when Kaberle laces them up. Something not even Orr can say.

:sarcasm:

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Dan...the same could have been said for Klaus, Karsums, and Lashoff back not long ago could it not? Also dangerously close to adding Caron to that list.

I also remember just a few seasons back people refusing to ever trade "jumbo joe 2"

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Bruins prospects(especially 2nd rounders)= sure fire can't miss NHLers.

Iginla= over the hill the junk.

I remember this board and some pretty high ranking posters being up in arms about trading a 2nd rounder to get Seidenberg. Man, that was an awful move, eh:sarcasm:

People here love their prospects.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
It just doesn't feel like a Chia move to me, sorry. How many threads have we had over big names that could be realistically had, just to end up disappointed? I'm sure he's looking at people for the 3rd line, and possibly elsewhere. And, just like Peverly and Kelly, it will be guys that weren't on anyone elses radar aside Chia's.

Would I love him here? Absolutely. But, I'd be surprised if this happened.

7mil in the bank, I think he'll spread it around more. If he does nothing, I will be very, very disappointed, and even more shocked.

The funny(sad) part is, Kelly would be the closest thing to a 1st line center he's had since Craig Conroy in 2004:laugh:

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

I remember this board and some pretty high ranking posters being up in arms about trading a 2nd rounder to get Seidenberg. Man, that was an awful move, eh:sarcasm:

actually the front office has made determination/projection on who they think will be NHL players and I can tell you there was things said about Lashoff- never heard Colborne because I didnt have to- I saw him a dozen times live and had my doubts.

put me in the Caron doubt- but the other 4 I have high hopes for. Knight's value is fractured until he gets on the ice, but I'm certain if healthy he's can't miss; Spooner same, and Koko I have not seen in games live but equally getting good reports. Subban same.

No rentals no way- you want these guys I want Carlson or Larsson or that ilk.

Its shortsited and the same that are pining this will be making excuses when it goes bad and that Trent Whitfield is up while Ryan Spooner is tearing it up in Calgary. Of course, these people by and large will never take the blame they'll just blame the Bruins for poor drafting.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Kirk I believe had the problem with that not me...in fact, you can give up a first rounder for Iggy (Caron)....heck, I'd rather have Payne a 5th than Caron a first based on what I'm hearing

its not the pick its the player- those three second rounders are all future Bruins imo

trade Hamill, Colborne, and Caron two years ago for Carlson....three firsts for a guy drafted in back of all of em.

LetEmPlay

Oct 29, 2007
sure we did. Was it cause of him? Did he make the intended impact?

Try and answer that without the crutch of "it was a team effort". We all know it was, but a "HUGE" rental acquisition does not play 12 minutes a game during a stanley cup run. (as a Dman no less)

Also, he was a "rental" because we didn't offer him 4.25 mill a year x 3 years like Carolina did. That had the intentions of kaberle finishing his career in Boston (the only team he wanted to get traded to from Toronto)

My .02 we dont beat Montreal without Kaberle. His pass to Ryder sending him on a partial break away changed that series.

patty59

Apr 6, 2008
Lethbridge, Alberta
Kirk I believe had the problem with that not me...in fact, you can give up a first rounder for Iggy (Caron)....heck, I'd rather have Payne a 5th than Caron a first based on what I'm hearing

its not the pick its the player- those three second rounders are all future Bruins imo

trade Hamill, Colborne, and Caron two years ago for Carlson....three firsts for a guy drafted in back of all of em.

I'll believe it when I see. I think people get way too caught up in prospects.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I'll believe it when I see. I think people get way too caught up in prospects.

I can only go by what my buds tell me who know some of these guys personally. And to me that is a much better source than usual comments. They're been amazingly accurate the past several years so I'm sticking with it

member 96824

I can only go by what my buds tell me who know some of these guys personally. And to me that is a much better source than usual comments. They're been amazingly accurate the past several years so I'm sticking with it

I dont think the Bruins would draft anyone without projecting them to be NHL players would they not? Unfortunately many of these guys bust though, whether the front office projected them to or not...however, wouldn't you agree that the B's brass doesnt draft someone saying "they'll bust."

Prospects come and go, many make it(Krejci, Marchand, Tuukka, etc.) Many dont (Kalus, Lashoff, Hamill)..I think if you have a serious shot at a cup, you go for it. Especially with Chara getting older and older. If spooner becomes a 70 point guy(lofty IMO but it could happen) thats great for calgary, but if it lead to a cup in 2013...then wouldnt that be a win win?

I dont think the Celts ever regretting trading for Allen and Garnett even though they gave up alot of good young pieces.

Thats just my thought on the situation.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB

Exactly! You move Horton to the third or second and Seguin to third if you have to do it to make the room.It gives Bruins a guy that can score and fits into Bruins style,cause we all know Jerome plays like a Bruin.Plus makes them a way deeper team among their forwards for a run at a cup.These chances do not come often and my bet next yr team will be weaker.
I see some of you have suggested Chia will make a move or two and spread it around. That very well could be the case as thats what he has done in the past.This time however ,he does not need as much as them pieces are still here.To be fair to everyones thinking however beens though i could be wrong as usual ,:laugh:we shall see I guess.Good Luck Bruins .With ya win or lose.:yo:

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Something to remember here is, for some reason, the Flames don't try to rebuild. I don't know if it's the market or GM but they have pieces to move to start a rebuild that could make them a contender in 2-4 years but they seem content to battle for the eighth playoff spot.

Because of this I can't see them moving Iginla unless he asks to be moved, in which case I think the Bruins should offer up any 2 to three prospects needed to get him, even as a rental. An engaged Iginla helps this team win another cup.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Something to remember here is, for some reason, the Flames don't try to rebuild. I don't know if it's the market or GM but they have pieces to move to start a rebuild that could make them a contender in 2-4 years but they seem content to battle for the eighth playoff spot.

Because of this I can't see them moving Iginla unless he asks to be moved, in which case I think the Bruins should offer up any 2 to three prospects needed to get him, even as a rental. An engaged Iginla helps this team win another cup.

I noticed that before too.But with Iggy and like 3 others UFA,s end yr and following yr like 9 more UFA,s.Time could be now to start a rebuild.

Boston BROin

Marchand makes u mad
Feb 29, 2008
NYC
This has the feeling of when Ray Bourque went to Colorado to get a cup. Hopefully we get Iginla and come to the same result as Colorado that year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad