Proposal: Iggy at the deadline

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
There is a huge difference between Iginla and Nash. One is signed and in his prime the other is a UFA and on the down swing of his career. To compare returns is LUDACRIS.

Kovalchuk and Hossa UFA's but in there prime and the teams that traded for them got first chance to resign them .... Not the same situation.

I don't think the trade market has changed that much from:

Nashville: Forsberg

Philly: Upshall Parent 1rst and 3rd

Still a pretty big price to pay but from what I remember Parent = Caron. Both prospects that people are/were currently down on.

Upshall was a servicable NHL player but I don't think had really high value or expectations. So I'd take Spooner out after his continued progression into what looks like a top 6 forward.

That leaves us in Knight (probably lower value due to injuries) and Koko territory.

So do you do this deal?

Iggy 4 Koko Caron and 1rst and 3rd ?

I'm on the fence which makes me think it's the kind of deal both teams would consider.

And the best part about dealing with the Flames scouting staff I'm sure we wouldn't have to listen to the we could have had Parise/Getzlaf/Richards cause they will select some bum haha

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
There is a huge difference between Iginla and Nash. One is signed and in his prime the other is a UFA and on the down swing of his career. To compare returns is LUDACRIS.

Kovalchuk and Hossa UFA's but in there prime and the teams that traded for them got first chance to resign them .... Not the same situation.

I don't think the trade market has changed that much from:

Nashville: Forsberg

Philly: Upshall Parent 1rst and 3rd

Still a pretty big price to pay but from what I remember Parent = Caron. Both prospects that people are/were currently down on.

Upshall was a servicable NHL player but I don't think had really high value or expectations. So I'd take Spooner out after his continued progression into what looks like a top 6 forward.

That leaves us in Knight (probably lower value due to injuries) and Koko territory.

So do you do this deal?

Iggy 4 Koko Caron and 1rst and 3rd ?

I'm on the fence which makes me think it's the kind of deal both teams would consider.

And the best part about dealing with the Flames scouting staff I'm sure we wouldn't have to listen to the we could have had Parise/Getzlaf/Richards cause they will select some bum haha

I'd pass. You want good prospects and picks, I want RoR or Carlson.

Rumpy

Mar 13, 2002
Saskatchewan
Visit site
I'd pass. You want good prospects and picks, I want RoR or Carlson.

The Bruins don't have what it takes to get either of those guys.

There teams want young impact NHLer in return. I'm not dealing Hamilton for either and no one else cuts it...

I would love to add ROR but unless Kelly waves his no trade clause and Boston deals the equivalent of 2 first rounders it just won't happen.

Think guys like Silvferberg Foligno Niño Johansson type guys would be my guess where talks start?

Total speculation but any chance CBJ and a new GM take this opportunity to add character and talent?

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Understatement. I think flames fans expect some kind of blue chipper or decent thing to look forward to. Subban and the 1st might appease them and fill a need as well. When I added Caron, it's just for immediate help and young depth. I don't expect too much from Caron but just the same, they might like a young player with NHL experience.

Using this rationale, do you expect Iginla to re-sign in Calgary during the offseason?

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Using this rationale, do you expect Iginla to re-sign in Calgary during the offseason?

I don't see how my comment and him re-signing is relevant BUT I don't think they'll trade him in the first place.

If you ask flames fans, I'd speculate that some will want a return for him like Sundin in Toronto situation while others would want Iginla to retire a flame and never leave.

If it's up to Iginla, he doesn't leave unless he's asked to. He's the captain. I wouldn't want to leave either.

For instance, there's probably gonna be a trend of Alffy to bruins speculation coming on this board but alffy has said winning in a place other than ottawa isn't the same. I respect that and think iggy is same way. He'd prob rather retire a flame than care about joining an already established team.

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I don't see how my comment and him re-signing is relevant BUT I don't think they'll trade him in the first place.

If you ask flames fans, I'd speculate that some will want a return for him like Sundin in Toronto situation while others would want Iginla to retire a flame and never leave.

If it's up to Iginla, he doesn't leave unless he's asked to. He's the captain. I wouldn't want to leave either.

For instance, there's probably gonna be a trend of Alffy to bruins speculation coming on this board but alffy has said winning in a place other than ottawa isn't the same. I respect that and think iggy is same way. He'd prob rather retire a flame than care about joining an already established team.

If they don't re-sign him, they will get nothing for him. That's why it's relevant.

Your comments here make me think that you see Iginla staying in Calgary past this season as expected. I disagree. I believe his days in Alberta to be numbered.

We see the the situation from different angles and hence - come to different conclusions.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
There`s little to Jarome`s current game that has this fan inspired/excited or feeling a push must be made to get him.

Stats say he has 10pts in 15 games, not bad by most standards, anyone who`s watched him play (last night was I believe the 5th game I`ve watched him) can see, he is either:

A- disinterested (which I don`t think anyone would ever accuse him of) or

B- not as capable, he`s slower, his physical game isn`t anywhere as effective

He had a decent game last night, but decent isn`t what most EXPECT from Iggy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad