If you were an NHL player...

thinkwild

Veni Vidi Toga
Jul 29, 2003
Ottawa
It feels like most answers were based on the climate or the market with the biggest party scene, not something like, if i was a scorer i'd like to play with Spezza, or i'd want to play for a young team to ready to break out.

Hopefully y'all arent representative of all UFA's :)

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
It feels like most answers were based on the climate or the market with the biggest party scene, not something like, if i was a scorer i'd like to play with Spezza, or i'd want to play for a young team to ready to break out.

Hopefully y'all arent representative of all UFA's :)

Actually, this is fairly accurate. We have a some here saying NYR (which we know a ton of players want to play for) or a southern based climate, one poster saying "whoever offers the most money", some saying big market teams, revelling in the pressure, while another poster said he wants to play in a market where no one would know who you were.

Obviously going to a winning team is important. But it is more complex with that. It all depends on what position you play, how you would fit into the team's system, etc. which would be impossible to determine unless we all created fantasy land playing versions of ourselves. And then who knows if they will keep winning in the future (Detroit, Mtl, Philly, Minny, Colorado). So we use team reputations and climate as determining factors instead. And it doesn't hurt that all 3 Cali teams are kicking ass right now.

I gotta tell you though, I had never been to Florida or a southern climate before last week, and to leave Ottawa at this time of year and spend a few weeks there.... I can see why players and hf posters alike would want to play in a warm climate, especially when it's not blistering hot during hockey season like it is in the summer months.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad