If you want to complain to Sportsnet

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
At some point with multiple streams/channels available it would be nice if they gave us the option of watching games without commentary and PBP, just crowd mic and rink mic. Best live sports I've ever watched on TV was the summer of 2005 when CBC workers went on strike and they showed CFL games with no commentary.

Bartho

Feb 26, 2013
Wpg
Just read through this. My thoughts are that Randorph is fine at pbp but Galley really annoys me. It's fairly clear that he doesn't like the Jets. I don't expect blatant homerism from a national broadcast, but balanced commentary should be a given.
We are very fortunate to have TSN for our regional games.

Hank Chinaski

May 29, 2007
YFO
At some point with multiple streams/channels available it would be nice if they gave us the option of watching games without commentary and PBP, just crowd mic and rink mic. Best live sports I've ever watched on TV was the summer of 2005 when CBC workers went on strike and they showed CFL games with no commentary.

If you've got a 5.1 or 7.1 system, just unplug or mute the centre channel. :teach:

But seriously, this should be an option. I remember they did this for HNIC back in March/April 2002 (another CBC labour dispute), and it was awesome.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Just read through this. My thoughts are that Randorph is fine at pbp but Galley really annoys me. It's fairly clear that he doesn't like the Jets. I don't expect blatant homerism from a national broadcast, but balanced commentary should be a given.
We are very fortunate to have TSN for our regional games.

I don't depend on PBP to tell me what's happening but I expect them not to bore the ***** out of me or make me angry. Galley seems to be very quick to rally against the Jets the second they do something "wrong". He almost gets irritated and it comes out in his voice.

Sportsnet is a joke.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg

Wow, I remember those games without commentary. They were awesome to watch.

SavedByRoy

Bite the noose
Feb 17, 2006
Fort Myers
Maybe it's a different broadcast team working the game tonight? Here in the States, tonight's game is on NBC Sports network instead of CNBC like the first one was. They did seem a little pro-Ducks before, which is bizarre if it was a Canadian broadcast they were showing.

allthisgold

Oct 8, 2013
Not a fan of Rogers' coverage generally but I don't think that the Galley was too bad (the Ducks did take over the game). Was frustrated in general that they did not take a closer look at the call on #55 near the end of the second and talk about the clear embellishment by the a$$ wipe Kessler. At least the panel acknowledged this. No way that is a penalty with the stuff being let go. Galley also did say that the Ducks should not be able to hit a Jet on the delayed offside. Whatever, going to a bar to watch tonight so won't be able to hear.

NEED THIS WIN.

Jaytee

Feb 27, 2015
The play-by-play wasn't great, but it didn't really bother me. To be honest, I don't think I even noticed it at all, which isn't a good thing, but isn't a bad thing, either.

To me, the absolute nadir, rock-bottom, was the play-by-play on the Jets-Canucks game from Vancouver last month, the one where the intermissions consisted of a telethon of some sort.

In roughly 45 years of watching hockey games, that was the absolute worst I've ever heard, and I don't expect to ever hear anything worse than that. If that's what the Canucks' fans have to put up with all year, I feel for them. I really do.

After that, if the play-by-play in this series consisted of two guys taking turns yelling "Ducks! Derp!!" and then belching, it would be a step up from that Canucks game.

Tekneek

Nov 28, 2004
Bah. Sportsnet is doing these games the same as they have done all season long. You guys just haven't been watching Sportsnet very much, I guess.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
I didn't mind those two guys last night, what was wrong with galley last night? They're not the best in the biz but I think they're fine.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
it really isnt that bad at all. when the other team if dominating us they have to talk about that team and their players and point out what they are doing right. just the way broadcasts go.

Hollywood3

Bison/Jet/Moose Fan
May 12, 2007
The play by play is OK. The better crews are doing the higher rated series. I just wish they went to the national between periods show like they did all season long.

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

Gabe Kupari

Jul 11, 2013
Winter is Coming
Randorf i think is fine, Galley does seem angry and irritated tho. He almost takes it personal when the team isn't doing what he thinks they should be doing. Don't mind Randorf to be honest but Galley, he comes across as angry all the time. Maybe he's not happy cuz he's not doing the Sens game?

RustyCat

Registered homie
Dec 29, 2014
Winnipeg
Is Galley on the Anaheim roster because he is constantly pumping their tires no matter what happens out there. He is god awful brutal and that is too bad because I have enjoyed Randorf.

I fully support sending a message of a 'Sportsnet sucks' chant next game.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Is Galley on the Anaheim roster because he is constantly pumping their tires no matter what happens out there. He is god awful brutal and that is too bad because I have enjoyed Randorf.

I fully support sending a message of a 'Sportsnet sucks' chant next game.

It was really bad last game...I agree.

ajmidd12

Know-It-All
Apr 16, 2012
This Planet
I watched the replay of Monday's game last night to see what I missed from camera angles and such. WOW, Galley barely mentioned anything about our City, our fans, etc. In fact the whole broadcast seemed to be leaning towards the Ducks with the interviews, player stats, etc.

That is embarrassing. This game was to be a highlight event (and ultimately it was short of the OT loss) and they seemed to knock it down a notch or two.

Shaking my head at Sportsnet.

LucianoBorsato

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Check out this click-bait BS article on sportsnet.ca by Damien Cox:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/what-trading-kane-could-actually-cost-the-jets/

I had given Galley a pass (even though he has been very annoying) previous to Monday for reasons I had stated earlier in this thread, but after he referred to the fans in attendance as "air in a balloon" or something to that effect, his disdain for the Jets and Winnipeg is clear. He can go **** himself.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad