If You Got Hired As GM of Oilers

NHL WAR

Sep 29, 2018
McDavid is pretty frustrated: Connor McDavid frustration reverberating across hockey world - Sportsnet.ca. When asked if he thought the Oilers were close to solving their problems he rolled his eyes and said,"“We don’t even have a GM, so I don’t think we’re in any position to comment on next season. We have a lot of crap to figure out. I hope we can put the right man in the spot and we can put together a good team.” Say you are put in charge. What do you do this summer? Trading McD isn't allowed.... this about building a winner and making him happy.

Also, the interview inspired me to do a quick sketch. 100% not-serious so please don't get upset about it:
20190402_182559.jpg

ricky0034

Jun 8, 2010
with all the other upper management around i'd never be able to get anything done anyways

might as well just lean into it and have some fun,Draisaitl for Conor Garland anyone?

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
Take a loss where you can, tank hard, sacrifice as many virgins and goats to McDavid and Draisaitl that they don't ask for a trade. Trade to steal away the best scouts with a stupid amount of money, and keep grovelling to McDavid and Draisaitl to give us 3 years to work it out.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
He’s a true leader, I’m so fed up with this organization I’m honestly more of McDavid and Draisaitl fan at this point.

It’s heartbreaking for a fan base as loyal and passionate as this to continually go through this. It’s unacceptable.

The OBC should be hung, drawn, and quartered.

Thread The Needle

I have no strong feelings one way or the other.
Nov 28, 2016
Detroit
McDavid is pretty frustrated: Connor McDavid frustration reverberating across hockey world - Sportsnet.ca. When asked if he thought the Oilers were close to solving their problems he rolled his eyes and said,"“We don’t even have a GM, so I don’t think we’re in any position to comment on next season. We have a lot of crap to figure out. I hope we can put the right man in the spot and we can put together a good team.” Say you are put in charge. What do you do this summer? Trading McD isn't allowed.... this about building a winner and making him happy.

Also, the interview inspired me to do a quick sketch. 100% not-serious so please don't get upset about it:View attachment 207909
Lmao I love the sketch!

Reactions: NHL WAR

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015
NYR are rebuilding and have 9 forwards with 20+ points and if you add Zucc and Hayes that were traded but have much more than 20 points we would have had 11. And we are rebuilding....

Edm have 5 forwards with 20+ points and two of them have 100+ points. How is that even possible for a team that is trying to contend? Says a lot about how horrible that franchise is run.

Newusername

Jun 26, 2013
Trade the best player in the league, hockey gods curse you. Only way to revert the curse is to trade the best player in the league......

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I'd talk to McDavid and Drai and tell them we are going to go through a rebuild where we accumulate assets. I'd make some free agency signings that I think I can move at the tdl for assets (those $4m -$5m short term signings). Then I would internally put together a 3 year plan to make it back to the playoffs and try to win the cup by year 5. That means sell, sell, sell and just keep accumulating assets. The goal would be to get assets that are on elc's for years 3-5.

I would also make changes internally to try to improve development and scouting.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Make a statement like Burke:
"If I'm driving the bus, both my hands better be the only ones on the wheel."
The moment that ends, I resign.

A lot of pink slips...

I’d absolutely love to have Burke come in and clean house.

He’s my #1 choice to come, he’s an intelligent guy and I’m confident he would have the guts to get rid of the OBC.

harmonica

Apr 21, 2007
If I was made GM of the Oilers I would trade McDavid to the Penguins and retain 50% salary for Jack Johnson and Erik Gudbranson. I am confident in the long run I would still not be seen as bad as Chia.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I'd take the job and enjoy. $3 million/year to manage a sports team, fly first class, have catered meals, stay in 5 stay hotels, flexible work hours where you don't have to be in office until the afternoon if at all, and to watch hockey and you get to start with the best player in the world at age 22 and another 100-point+ player, a top 10 draft pick in the coming draft ...

Yeah how terrible would that be.

The situation is only "bad" because Chiarelli is a moron, anyone with some decent hockey sense will be able to make something out of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad