If you could tell Mark Chipman something what would it be?

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
Thanks for the bigs again !!!
In my head I'd ask can we buy out Pavs.

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
I don't know what makes you think that. Most 20 year olds want to be anywhere other than the place they grew up. Most 20 year old Manitobans have seen enough flat barren plain covered in ice and snow. Its a novelty for kids from California.

Other than maybe Scheifele, the happiest I've seen a player to be drafted by the Jets was Chase De Leo.

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
I don't know what makes you think that. Most 20 year olds want to be anywhere other than the place they grew up. Most 20 year old Manitobans have seen enough flat barren plain covered in ice and snow. Its a novelty for kids from California.
I have to agree. The American kids all seem pretty impressed by how strong the hockey culture is in Winnipeg. Just about anywhere in the States, hockey comes after football, baseball and basketball. Here they're the biggest stars in town. I bet that counts for quite a bit.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
I have to agree. The American kids all seem pretty impressed by how strong the hockey culture is in Winnipeg. Just about anywhere in the States, hockey comes after football, baseball and basketball. Here they're the biggest stars in town. I bet that counts for quite a bit.

Seeing as Winnipeg is up there with Deadmonton as the highest frequency on no-trade lists, I doubt it means that much.

Anyone with 1/4 of a brain cell will say nice things about where they play and keep their mouths shut. Well, except Evander but that just means he's got less than 1/4.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
Regardless of "the plan" you are charging right at the top of league prices for everything so it's bad optics when your GM speaks in tongues all the time and is inactive all summer every summer.

potroaster

Jul 1, 2012
I would say "Hey Chip, I dare you to hire a GM that will tell you where to go, that will insist he is the Captain of this ship and requests that you are a silent part owner of this team"

lighthouses

Jan 12, 2014
Next time you bring back a team, consider calling them something other than the Jets which is synonymous for missing the playoffs / getting ousted in the first round. Thanks!

Whileee

May 29, 2010
"Any chance I could score a couple more season tickets?"

"Stick with the plan, and don't listen to these guys."

StatlerandWaldorf(2).JPG

#hireGarret (or one of his smart friends).

Blue Shakehead

because lol Jets
Mar 18, 2011
www.becauseloljets.com
Okay let's get off the railing thing! There must be something else?

I'd add, stay with the draft and develop BUT I'd love more Canadian players. Ones from closer to home, also have a better chance of sticking with the team when they enter UFA status.

"So you signed a four year contract for $20 thousand bucks and the team did some renos before the ink was dry to turn your seats into a prison cell. I am so done with that particular issue which doesn't affect me personally. GET OVER IT ALREADY. Mark needs to know that we need more Canadian kids!"

:laugh:

:shakehead

Last edited:

razorsedge

Oct 19, 2006
I said "thank you" to him when I happened to see him at the Flames-Jets game in their first season.

Thai jet*

Oct 23, 2014
Thailand
To please bring in some NHL guys to help run the team. There should be a President of Hockey Ops between himself and the GM. Maybe someone like Randy Carlyle. I would also like to see Adam Oates as associate head coach. He has been our most influential coach since he started working with 55 anyhow. Dale Hawerchuk and Sean Burke in management, Dir of Player Development/Moose GM or assist coaching spots.
I am not one to go after Chipman for the amount of cap money we are spending now. In fact some contracts like Stafford's are too much. I would much rather they spend more on top end guys with NHL experience as players. Guys who would tell these AHL types who are running things now that a player who constantly wants to be traded, MUST BE REMOVED from the room. Anyone think the brain trust for the Leafs would have kept Kane around?
Mark go build your buildings. You built up huge respect in the city. Do not jeopardize it by thinking you are a NHL caliper hockey manager any longer. This will not turn out well. Put your little buddy back in the skate sharpening room while you are at it.

GJF

Beaver Jedi
Sep 26, 2011
Heidelberg, GER
I'd tell him my story. Being a follower and hardcore fan of this franchise back to the Atlanta days. Having felt with everyone when they got moved to the Peg. The way I met so many great, new people from Canada. How I am on HFboards every day and being a part of the Jets fan community without even being on the same continent. Explaining him, how everyone on the biggest Jets fan forum knows me as the "german guy" who is following this franchise for many years now. I'd share my story about how I created a sign for Wheeler when he played in Germany during the lockout, when he saw me, talked to Paul Statsny, being excited about having this one fan in Germany when he played Mannheim, who came just because of him and let everyone know in the arena about it. I'd ask Mark if he'd think it would have been a coincidence that Wheels played his best game that day during the lockout, scoring 3 goals and 2 assists against the best team back then. And that one and only time I ever met another Jets fan somewhere in Cambodia and he was ecstatic to hear that there would be Jets fans in Germany. I'd explain to him that I waited for years, to now finally have enough money one day to fly to Winnipeg, get to know the city and friendly people, see the MTS centre and finally feel like I'm not only a Jet on paper but actually in real life when I see my Winnipeg Jets take the ice at my first ever Jets game while I'd wipe away that one single, small tear.

And then I'd hope he'd be touched by my story and invite me to watch the game on vip seats and offer me a meet and great with the team :laugh:

Last edited:
Nov 15, 2010
Western Canada
I'd tell him my story. Being a follower and hardcore fan of this franchise back to the Atlanta days. Having felt with everyone when they got moved to the Peg. The way I met so many great, new people from Canada. How I am on HFboards every day and being a part of the Jets fan community without even being on the same continent. Explaining him, how everyone on the biggest Jets fan forum knows me as the "german guy" who is following this franchise for many years now. I'd share my story about how I created a sign for Wheeler when he played in Germany during the lockout, when he saw me, talked to Paul Statsny, being excited about having this one fan in Germany when he played Mannheim, who came just because of him and let everyone know in the arena about it. I'd ask Mark if he'd think it would have been a coincidence that Wheels played his best game that day during the lockout, scoring 3 goals and 2 assists against the best team back then. And that one and only time I ever met another Jets fan somewhere in Cambodia and he was ecstatic to hear that there would be Jets fans in Germany. I'd explain to him that I waited for years now to finally have enough money one day to fly to Winnipeg, get to know the city and friendly people, see the MTS centre and finally feel like I'm not only a Jet on paper but actually in real life when I see my Winnipeg Jets take the ice at my first ever Jets game while I'd wipe away that one single, small tear.

And then I'd hope he'd be touched by my story and invite me to watch the game on vip seats and offer me a meet and great with the team :laugh:

Funny how that works. I once met a Jets fan in the Old City part of Jerusalem.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad