If you could tell Mark Chipman something what would it be?

TheDeuce

Halak, Ryder, and a second.
Feb 22, 2009
"Please sir, may I buy some shares in True North at their 2010 value?" :sarcasm:

I've always wanted to be an NHL owner.

Realistically, I'd ask him if he still really gets into the games, joins "Go Jets Go" chants, and participates in other fan-based activities. Or has his exposure to the seamy underbelly of hockey (known as the business side) jaundiced his view?

m.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I would tell him to get a proper visor and stop wearing that old wire cage to old timers hockey ;)

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011
I would simply say thank you, it feels good to have a pro team in an international sport be the measure of our civic pride, uniting our multicultural city, in a sport which embodies our climate, even if our city is literally crumbling around us (unless you live in the outreaches of suburbia). I remember sharing the emptiest of feelings among friends watching that last game against Detroit in 1996. I would also tell him to draft more WHL players, especially on D. And I hope he makes some Manitoba family the proud parents of a born and raised Winnipeg Jet sometime soon.

broinwhyteridge

Jun 27, 2011
Fire Maurice
To please bring in some NHL guys to help run the team. There should be a President of Hockey Ops between himself and the GM. Maybe someone like Randy Carlyle. I would also like to see Adam Oates as associate head coach. He has been our most influential coach since he started working with 55 anyhow. Dale Hawerchuk and Sean Burke in management, Dir of Player Development/Moose GM or assist coaching spots.
I am not one to go after Chipman for the amount of cap money we are spending now. In fact some contracts like Stafford's are too much. I would much rather they spend more on top end guys with NHL experience as players. Guys who would tell these AHL types who are running things now that a player who constantly wants to be traded, MUST BE REMOVED from the room. Anyone think the brain trust for the Leafs would have kept Kane around?
Mark go build your buildings. You built up huge respect in the city. Do not jeopardize it by thinking you are a NHL caliper hockey manager any longer. This will not turn out well. Put your little buddy back in the skate sharpening room while you are at it.
Luthiers_Digital_Caliper.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad