If you could teach your kid one thing about hockey, what would it be?

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
For me, it would be the value of being a team player. Doesn't matter if you score a goal or make a nice pass, help the team win and you're doing your job.

I've never been a "star" on any team I've played (I like to characterize my playing style as Hal Gill, great when it comes to defense/PK/5on3 PK, pilon in other situations), but my teammates have always appreciated the enthusiasm I have, even from the bench.

Every team needs a guy or two like that.

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
You just wrote how to make your kid an AHL'er.

I'd teach my kid how to snipe corners and skate like Jeff Skinner.

Chungo

Dec 7, 2010
Play the game with heart and soul.

NHL reference: Mike Brown (Tor), Doug Glatt (Thug), Ian Laperriere sp? (Phi)

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
If you don't give your 100% every time you get on the ice no matter if it's for the team or for yourself then get the f out of the rink and come back when you'll be ready

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
Playing with intelligence and control is what will separate you from all the idiots out there just trying to hit stuff.

straka91*

Play with passion, do the little things. Practice, practice, practice. You can have all the skill in the world but it also takes heart to make it and be successful in the show.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
always throw the first punch, but serisouly you cant really teach heart so id say teaching him to always pick a corner and not shoot in the goalies chest

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
Be buddies or at least in good standings with the commissioner(s) and referees so you can stab people on ice and get away with it.

Last edited:

LegnaRouy

Feb 29, 2012
Don't listen to your mother. Who cares if you " schooled " that goalie, don't give him a hug so he can feel better about himself :p:

dan1el

Oct 16, 2011
Cheer for a team Daddy doesn't like, and you've bought yourself a one-way ticket to the orphanage.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad