If Yakupov was 2011 draft eligible...

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Depends. What are his stats in this imaginary world?

Jayevs

Formerly avsman
Jul 29, 2010
1st next ovechkin as soon as he fills out more maybe less physical

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
Minnesota?

wpfZFOyVdf_i-saw-what-you-did-there-4.jpg

Anyways, I think he'd go 8-13th overall

YEGJuniorFan

Dec 3, 2009
Edmonton
1-3... its skewed because scouts have not focused largely on him yet. I wouldnt be surprised if he was a number one pick though he is gonna be a great player with superstar skill

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
1st next ovechkin as soon as he fills out more maybe less physical
I hate this comparison, Ovechkin is 6'2" 235 lbs, and size is a major part of his game. Yakupov is 5'10" 170 lbs, he'll probably bulk up to 190 lbs or so in his prime, but Ovechkin wouldn't be Ovechkin if he was 5'10".

Yakupov is slippery but strong on his skates, quite a puck handler, goes hard to the net, in the couple times I've seen the Sting this year he looks more like Parise than Ovy. In terms of body language on the ice and general mentality, though, he unfortunately reminds me a touch of Radulov.

His Beardliness*

Radulov is a great player. He didn't get paid what he deserved so he went back to Russia where he is dominating.

I hope he decides to come back some day, and then he'll probably be paid like a star.

MajorPain

Sep 25, 2009
I'd take Yakupov 1st overall. The kid's something really special and allthough he's russian, he's all ready in North America. There's always a risk that he could decide to go back to his home country...but I'd still take the chance on him guaranteed.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
I think he'd pretty easily go #1 overall, unless the team that holds the pick was in desperate need of a defenseman.

Canuck71*

Not really a homer vote but I'd take him 1st overall. He's just that good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad