if we struggle this year

• Thread starter toughfighter83*
  • Start date

TheLegendkiller

Sep 2, 2009
I don't understand why you think our D is "mediocre"

assuming every is healthy, we have a pretty good blueline

There just isn't enough defensive forwards. Think about it, the Rangers blueline isn't elite but gets the job done mainly cause they have more defensive forwards and a better defensive system.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
I don't understand why you think our D is "mediocre"

assuming every is healthy, we have a pretty good blueline

Sorry but it's mediocre and we have no depth if there is an injury to our top 4. It's mediocre b/c a semi-retired Timonen and still injured Meszeros are our only threats at the point. It's mediocre b/c we have more stay at home types than we do puck movers...not good with Lavy's system unless he's intending on changing his scheme a bit to help Bryz (remains to be seen). It's mediocre b/c we don't have a Pronger type leader back there who logs tons of minutes.

Spongolium*

I would keep your eyes open for Gustafsson this year. I feel when he returns from injury, he will make a big impact on the powerplay for this team.

Embiid

Off IR for now
May 27, 2010
Philadelphia
Sadly Im not sure that the Flyers will make the playoffs. If they do they will barely do so. Just way too many question marks particularly from the net up. At least if the Flyers dont make it they got a chance at the lottery. Maybe we can luck out unlike with the season that shall not be named...

This is the thing people don't realize....we have a D that doesn't really fit Lavy's system. They went and got some more stay at home types to help Bryz out and we lost Carle who logged a ton of minutes and carried the puck well regardless of the fact he would have his gaffe turnovers and couldn't break an egg with his shot. People hated him and I wasn't his biggest fan but he fit Lavy's system. Moreover, our D has like ZERO threats from the point besides Mesz and Timonen. I know Couturier has been playing the point with the Phantoms as a possible prelude but it won't be enough. The problem last year when we played really good D teams like the Rangers and NJ was that they collapsed on our offensive players b/c we had nobody back on D to keep them honest. Flyers did NOTHING to address this deficiency...NOTHING. Schenn is not a solution and neither is Gervais despite his Right handed shot.

Interesting thread to revisit

Sure enough doesn't look like they will make it....and we are a lottery team right now.

Last edited:

clap bomb 16

Jul 9, 2011
Lavy needs to go but not just because we're not winning. Because he doesn't have the personnel to run his system here and it's painfully obvious. Getting dominated by the Rangers, and Devils last year obviously wasn't a fluke.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I agree. He can go coach somewhere else and be successful, but I can't see him doing it here next year. This team just needs a different approach.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad