If we only have 7 sticky threads ...

c0rn1

Mar 15, 2012
... then why do we have 2 of 7 from outside sports which I actually don't care about and unstickied the video thread?
Since this is a hockey board I don't see a reason for having 2 football threads stickied (yeah, 1 is AF and 1 is BF). I'd appreciate a quick access to the latest videos more.

Nzap

lunaR Pad
Jul 19, 2011
Parma
... then why do we have 2 of 7 from outside sports which I actually don't care about and unstickied the video thread?
Since this is a hockey board I don't see a reason for having 2 football threads stickied (yeah, 1 is AF and 1 is BF). I'd appreciate a quick access to the latest videos more.

The monthly "why isn't X or Y stickied while Z and V are".

The football thread lights up around once a week due to how the games are played, leading to it being stickied.
And to compile the two would be an absolute nightmare.

Of course I'm biased as I watch a lot of football, but I really really like it being stickied up there.

c0rn1

Mar 15, 2012
The monthly "why isn't X or Y stickied while Z and V are".

The football thread lights up around once a week due to how the games are played, leading to it being stickied.
And to compile the two would be an absolute nightmare.

It's not about compiling. Just unsticky them. I don't see the point to have them sticky when we only have a limited amount of those threads. This is a hockey board and we have 2 out of 7 sticky threads wasted into sports which have tons of own forums.
I, personally, am watching hockey because the sport is different and when I join a hockey board which cares for hockey I pre-emptively made the decision that I do _not_ care about other sports as much otherwise I'd have joined an AF or BF forum or maybe I do care equal so I might have joined 2 different boards most likely.
The question which remains is:
"Is our pool of important information so small that we have to fill 7 possible slots with 2 out-of-hockey threads?"

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
2 quips, if we unsticky them, please keep the OT names obvious. The number of times I go into the wrong OT thread I can't even count on two hands... Second, we definitely could use some re-assessing of the stickies/general threads.

Out of Town Scoreboard needs to just be a general 'Around the League' thread (it's misleading as it stands, sounds like a GDT for other teams/leagues) and the jersey thread should be re-stickied since it's hard to find (stickies are for keeping topics up top which get lost but contain valuable information).

c0rn1

Mar 15, 2012
Ok, Should I open a poll thread so the general populus can decide?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I think there should be no threads at all and we should all communicate via an extensive series of passenger pigeons.

I like this plan a lot more.

The footy thread would disappear and die here if it weren't stickied, meaning we'd have to go to the soccer board here to discuss the sport, and that can be very painful. Realistically we'd end up talking about the games in whatever ot thread gets stickied instead.

RockLobster

King in the North
Jul 5, 2003
Kansas
The Mods chose the threads that are stickied for a reason--it was a tough call on what got removed but we had to cut down on the amount of Sticky's we had.

The Other Sports (General) and Soccer Threads receive action, maybe not from everyone, but they do.

We made the decision to remove the "All Vids" thread because we figured once the season actually started it would get moved to the top of the "Recent Posted" threads because of the addition of the videos every 1-3 days.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
What about merging the Lake Erie/Denver/Ft Wayne thread with the prospects thread to free up a spot?

Lonewolfe2015

Rom Com Male Lead
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2007
What about merging the Lake Erie/Denver/Ft Wayne thread with the prospects thread to free up a spot?

Quite a lot of crosstalk there already, good suggestion.

I definitely think stickies are being misused though. The purpose is not to put the biggest discussions at the top, but rather the ones that slip through the cracks easiest and are used infrequently but serve a purpose.

But I'm not a mod, just a humble poster.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
As someone who uses the sports thread but not the soccer thread, I think both get enough action that they don't fall off the first page. I think one of the "coming to Denver" threads would be helpful to have stickied since other boards do that and I've appreciated the reference when I've read them.

I think the prospects and monsters threads are entirely different but if there would be more action/conversation in merging them I'd be fine with that.

As a side note, are we starting a new media thread for the season or use the old one? I'll add the vids from the Avs site when I can like last year

I think the injury thread gets bumped up enough on it's own anyway.

Crisp Breakout

Jan 3, 2011
Chicago
I totally agree. I can sort of understand the other Denver sports thread, but the soccer one makes no sense to me. If you want to talk soccer, why limit yourself to just talking with Colorado Avalanche fans about it? Meanwhile, the two most important threads--GDTs and Interviews--are kept out of the stickies.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I guess merging the prospect/AHL threads make sense, but other than that I don't see what the problem is. It doesn't bother me if we have 4 or 9 stickied threads and the other threads that would be suitable (the OT and Out of Town Scoreboard threads) are bumped so often they are always at the top of the page anyway.

To the window!
Sponsor
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka
2 quips, if we unsticky them, please keep the OT names obvious. The number of times I go into the wrong OT thread I can't even count on two hands... Second, we definitely could use some re-assessing of the stickies/general threads.

Out of Town Scoreboard needs to just be a general 'Around the League' thread (it's misleading as it stands, sounds like a GDT for other teams/leagues) and the jersey thread should be re-stickied since it's hard to find (stickies are for keeping topics up top which get lost but contain valuable information).

I like this idea.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad