OT: If we make the playoffs, is it still going to be Bowen?

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Well i'd imagine CBC would snatch the rights to our games as quickly as possible so no I don't think so. I like Bowen though better than Hughson anyways.

Winreims

Dec 31, 2011
I'd LOVE to have Bob Cole call a Leafs series again, but with our luck we'd get ****ing Jim Hughson/Craig Simpson/Glenn Healy ..

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
He won't be, but I would much rather have Joe Bowen than Hughson, Simpson and Healy ever.

Honestly, I wish CBC would bring Chris Cuthbert back.

Chris Cuthbert is the best in the biz. Unbiased and calls the game well.

Daisy Jane

everything is gonna be okay!
Jul 2, 2009
Bowen would do radio calls.
i think it would depend on how the final standings shook up. If it was Montreal/NJD (that's Cole). and we'd get Hughson for the Leafs/Winnipeg. and for the Boston/Ottawa match. (CBC would maybe want that but would probably want to keep Montreal).

the big question is if it's the Habs Leafs... does cole do the call?
(please, PLEASE yes).

Patty Lee

I hate the Habs
Nov 26, 2003
Visit site
Bowen would do radio calls.
i think it would depend on how the final standings shook up. If it was Montreal/NJD (that's Cole). and we'd get Hughson for the Leafs/Winnipeg. and for the Boston/Ottawa match. (CBC would maybe want that but would probably want to keep Montreal).

the big question is if it's the Habs Leafs... does cole do the call?
(please, PLEASE yes).
Dean Brown will do the Ottawa series. he and Potvin make the worse duo in the business by far.

SnazzyNazzy

Oct 20, 2012
Waterloo
Doesn't matter, Bowen will do the radio calls while I mute whoever is doing CBC. Loved Bob Cole grew up with but sorry he's senile and hasn't been able to call games for YEARS now. Not even going near the Hughson/Simpson/Healey fiasco.

Penalty Kill Icing*

We will most likely get CBC's elite broadcasting team:

Hughson, Simpson, Healy.

:facepalm:

Doshy

Oct 7, 2007
Bowen's playoff calls are amazing.

I wish we'd get him for it, but he'll probably do radio.

Count Von Grabo*

We will most likely get CBC's elite broadcasting team:

Hughson, Simpson, Healy.

:facepalm:

john-goodman-table-flip-o.gif

HarrisonFord

President of the Drew Doughty Fan Club
Jul 20, 2011
Toronto
Why the hate for Bowen? I like having our games called by a guy who is quite clearly a Leafs fan rather than a bunch of bitter Leaf haters like Hughson, Healey, Simpson, etc.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Why the hate for Bowen? I like having our games called by a guy who is quite clearly a Leafs fan rather than a bunch of bitter Leaf haters like Hughson, Healey, Hughson, etc.

this... he's the best at his job in the entire NHL i can't believe the hate

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad