If we had to trade one of Klefbom or Nurse, who would you trade?

oil85

Mar 12, 2017
Neither. Can't justify either one being traded. Keep the current D core hope for a bounce back. Worst case another tire fire season but next time summer will allow a trade out of Sekera and/or Russell.

Reactions: LaGu

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Klefbom turns 25 pre 2018-19 season. Has one year only that I personally consider him a #3 or better defender but is still young enough that his consistency issues "could" taper off with more experience and if he can ever stay healthy. This last year was so terrible for Klefbom he undid a lot of the success he had.

Nurse is 23 and only had one good season as well although his development seems far more linear. Has a perfect toolset for todays NHL and will most likely get better with experience.

Honestly I would like to keep both if for no other reason just to see what we have. Nurse could easily regress this year and Klefbom could go back to his stellar play from 2 years ago. Its too early.

Depending on the return I believe moving Klefbom makes more sense. We have seen more of him (much of it not good), he is injury prone, and was a huge part of the Oilers missing the playoffs last year. The only way it makes sense to move Nurse is if the player coming back is a true top pairing #1 elite two way defensive that can carry the bad Klefbom if/when he shows up.

Reactions: Aerrol

StevenF1919

Oct 9, 2017
Edmonton
Nurse. Klefbom is a legit top pairing dman and I don't think Nurse will ever reach that level. I like them both a lot as our top 2 LHD though.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Probably Klefbom. Oilers should just stick with Larsson, Klefbom and Nurse though. Draft a defenseman today unless Wahlstrom is available.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Klefbom last year was a net negative when he's on the ice. Nurse is a net positive when he's on the ice.

Easy decision.

/
Klefbom of 2 yrs ago > Nurse of last year.
Klefa was clearly playing hurt last season . We shouldnt trade either of the 2.

It also depends upon Nurse's next contract.

belair

Jay Woodcroft Unemployment Stance
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Klefbom, easily. His contract gives us significantly better value on the trade market. People thinking that recent performance has the biggest factor in that perceived value are out to lunch. Teams that covet Oscar Klefbom are aware of what he brings to the table. Darnell, on the other hand, is still a developing player.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Nurse. Love the kid but this makes sense from 2 angles to me. #1, he is the lesser player if Klef is healthy. #2 I bet he has more value to a lot of GM's, especially with Klef's down year.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Depends on the return I could get for either of them. I don't want to trade either, but with 4 LD and the team looking for an upgrade on RD, the writing is probably on the wall for Klefbom. Stupid no trade clauses.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Nurse, just simply because we need more offense from the backend, and Klefbom is one of our few current Dmen that can provide it. I really like Nurse, but we already have other roster players that play a similar game.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Neither one of them has been the least bit consistent.

2 years ago Klefbom was great. Last year he was a disaster in all areas of the game. Can this guy ever get and stay healthy?

2 years ago Nurse was ok.. no Offence and a decent defensive performance. Last year He stepped up in the first half and kind of tapered off in the second half.

Doubt Klefbom has any value so that's my main reason. Otherwise I would consider moving him.
Nurse I don't think is worth the risk of trading.. just keep him as the 2nd pair d-man for the next 10 years so long as his salary is reasonable.

Lacaar

Jan 25, 2012
Edmonton
Hell I'll comment I wouldn't trade a soul off this team. They've collectively dropped their value to the shit tank sans the three centers. Not likely to get anything of value back.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00