If we had to trade one of Klefbom or Nurse, who would you trade?

Aerrol

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Sep 18, 2014
Should be a poll, but I'd prefer to keep both as I think their value will go up further (or rebound in Klef's case). That said, if we have to trade one, trade Nurse - he's at a peak for value ATM, while Klef just had a awful season.

Reactions: LaGu

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
I'd trade Klefbom because I think Nurse is a higher potential player. I honestly think Klefbom is a bit low on the hockey IQ spectrum which holds him back a bit, plus the guy is always getting hurt. Can't rely on a guy who is likely to miss as much time as he is to play.
Sure We have seen a higher level from Klefbom than Nurse so far, but I fully expect Nurse to exceed that while not missing gobs of time to injuries.

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards
Due to injuries and feeling Nurse has a higher potential, I would trade Klefbom if forced to deal
One of the two. Would keep both though.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Only a genuine moron like Peter Chiarelli puts himself into a situation where he "had to trade one of Klefbom or Nurse" just like he put himself in a position where he "had to trade Hall". The correct answer is you dump Andrej Sekera and Kris Russell for a half eaten candy bar and keep the two young top 4 dmen.

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
Klefbom of 2 yrs ago > Nurse of last year.
Klefa was clearly playing hurt last season . We shouldnt trade either of the 2.

It also depends upon Nurse's next contract.

Huge misconception. Klefbom was 100% healthy to start the year. He actually got better towards the end of the year as the reports of his injury started.

LaGu

Jan 4, 2011
Italy
Huge misconception. Klefbom was 100% healthy to start the year. He actually got better towards the end of the year as the reports of his injury started.
I guess Klefbom created the misconception since he himself said he got injured, or rather got worse (he has had the complication for while) in the playoffs last year and that it came back right away in the season when he was hit ...

He got better towards the end because they started giving him the heavy stuff, cortisone shots. It was December when he had his first msintenance days (i.e. cortisone shot) and post-December he was pretty good. The damage was already made though so no excuses (as he also said himself).

All of this has been discussed already ... At length.

Reactions: Draiskull

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Neither.
I'd trade Hopkins (who is NOT available) instead.
This dumb game of trading players we drafted and developed for things we need that leave holes has to end.

Klefbom is the only D-man on our team who legit knows how to shoot.
Nurse is probably the fastest skating stay at home D man in the league and we could yet see his offense blossom a bit.
They're equally untradable.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Klefbom.

Nurse hasn’t hit his ceiling yet, Klefbom is overrated by the Corsi fans who love stretch passes on the rush, but he’s been a liability defensively except for a month at the end of the previous season.

Reactions: Aerchon

nabob

Big Daddy Kane
Aug 3, 2005
HF boards

Wrong. As has been stated many times he had the issue before camp began but was getting cortisone shots to deal with it. Eventually the 22 bone chips floating in his shoulder became too many.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
If it were just about the player, I think I'd keep Nurse ahead of Klefbom. I do love the idea of the solid Swedish pairing of Klefbom-Larsson, and their greatness in the 2016-17 season cannot be denied. However, as others have said, Nurse has an amazing skillset and appears to be very close to equaling Klefbom in total effectivness, with room to grow more even.

But, there is contract status as well. Klefbom is signed on a VERY nice deal for many years. With Nurse, a lot is in the air right now. We shouldn't expect him to sign the exact same Klefbom deal, because of cap growth. If he would agree to 4.5 million (ish) AAV that would be great, and the more years, the better.

I'd say that the contract issue could make Nurse more tradeable.

However, I feel this should be the goal, long term:

Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse- [Right shot offensive Dman]
XXX-XXX

So, that puts it on Chiarelli to either trade away Sekera and Russell, or manage the cap to keep them as an expensive bottom pairing (that would be an amazing luxury to have, but a luxury)

Aerchon

Jul 20, 2011
"should" be a moot point now.

Chiarelli used the pic this year to address our weakness perfectly. Its now patience, development, and some luck.

We are not in cap trouble. Our team this year is not as good/stacked as I would like but on paper is still very realistically able to make the playoffs and do some damage in them.

Relying on bounce back year from some key players and internal development of our many young promising players.

After this year IF Sekera or Klefbom don't bounce back enough you should be able to move one of those guys and Russell in my mind is as good as gone if both those two guys return to form. Maybe even if they don't.

My point is that this year is set and while not stellar it is good and the following year we have more flexibility plus a lot of talent that should be knocking on the door to greatness or at least goodness.

All guys I think can potentially fill a needed role at the NHL the following year: Jessie Puliarvi top 6 RW, Yamamoto top 6 RW, Bouchard bottom 4 RD, Bear bottom 4 RD. Our biggest needs potentially filled.

A myriad of depth defense, forwards, and goalie prospects that are finally balanced and promising.

Guys I like who could at least get a cup of coffee two years from now: Skinner, Jones, Lagesson, Benson, Maximov, Safin. Maybe someone like Rasanen? Or McLoed now.

Good flexibility moving forward after next year. Far better than I was expecting.

ZJuice

pickle juice connoisseur
May 17, 2010
Edmonton
I’d keep Nurse.

I feel that Klefbom has plateaued. Mixed with his ability to get injured throughout his career I would trade him if my hand were forced.
However, if Oscar gets back to his playoff season form I would rather trade myself

Magnum23

Aug 24, 2012
Honestly, if Bouchard pans out I would trade Larsson before Klefbom or Nurse.

I think Larsson's average skating will be a growing problem in the next few years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad