If we get #1 in '15, would you rather have McDavid or Eichel?

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Yeah, pretty much. Eichel's size is to his advantage, but if McDavid has a huge year, you have to think he's going to keep that no. 1 spot.
We'll have to wait for some new measurements, but I would guess that McDavid is around 6'1'' now, if not almost 6'2''.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
Size is persuasive. Using it well is persuasive. The thing about a guy like Crosby is that he bulked up and could actually battle in addition to everything else. I'll give a tentative nod to Eichel for now.

You have all year to change your mind.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
So who's going to argue all season long for Barzal or White over McDavid and Eichel? It's bound to happen :biglaugh:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
So who's going to argue all season long for Barzal or White over McDavid and Eichel? It's bound to happen :biglaugh:

Why would anyone do that? Hanifan might play his way into the mix, but this is a year with elite talent. Quite a bit different than this past draft. Terrible point.

labbatt

Feb 27, 2014
Right now I would pick Eichel, but if McDavid is the clear #1 after a breakout year I will gladly change my mind. Barzal is who I want with the Islanders pick in the 4 to 7 range, I watched him play a handful of games last season and he made everyone around him look much better than they actually were.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
McDavid and it's pretty close

Game breaking skills and then he adds game breaking speed, but I live Eichel. Another season where a top 2 pick makes me happy.

Then go up and get Hanafin.

Last edited:

ZeroPT*

it's just my opinion but I think Eichel is closer to the rest of the top 5 than to McDavid.

Initial opinion

JLewyB

May 6, 2013
Pegulaville
Size is persuasive. Using it well is persuasive. The thing about a guy like Crosby is that he bulked up and could actually battle in addition to everything else. I'll give a tentative nod to Eichel for now.

You have all year to change your mind.

Size is persuasive but pure speed can be flatout dominant. Mackinnon and Hagelin were probably the two of the most disruptive players in this past playoffs. Playmakers like Kane and Granlund were no slouches either in the playoffs. I'll take McDavid since he has elite skating and playmaking.

EichHart

Jul 3, 2011
Hamburg, NY
We'll have to wait for some new measurements, but I would guess that McDavid is around 6'1'' now, if not almost 6'2''.

Had no idea that mcdavid is that tall. That is an eye opening stat. I think mcdavid will separate himself from eichel half way through the season and not look back. He will be the consensus number one come April.

flashsabre

Apr 5, 2003
Visit site
A lot can happen in a year but it is a no lose situation. You take either one and run as you have just acquired your franchise player.

McDavid is the pick at number 1 though. Just too good a player to pass on.

sjci

Feb 13, 2007
Buffalo
I absolutely love Eichel, have for the past 2 years now, but I still say if you get #1 you have to go McDavid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad