OT: If there was an XHL, what would be the rules?

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
If it were truly a Vince McMahon type hockey league then if someone drops their gloves, you either fight or get a major penalty.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This one’s a little “out there” that I just thought of, and I don’t think I’d want it in the NHL (but the XHL...) but a player who iced the puck has to skate to the other goal line and start behind the line and can’t move until the faceoff, so it’d be a 5-on-4 for about 5 seconds. He can’t play the puck until he touches up in his own defensive zone (i.e., no immediate/easy breakaway). Juice may not be worth the squeeze, but maybe you could make it so it’s the player that iced the puck plus another player on his team, so it’d be a 5-second 5-on-3.
That's interesting.

Boomshakalaka

Why do I do this?
May 1, 2014
Columbus
How about if a player earns a penalty shot they take it and the other team is still penalized for the minor or major - so you would get a penalty shot plus a powerplay
And maybe players could not clear the puck out of the goalie crease, only the goalie could, could have a goaltending minor for that trying to think of how to balance that out for the offense though

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
So embellishment would NOT be a penalty? LOL

No, it would be strongly encouraged. And you would be allowed to tag someone on the bench and they could replace you in the fight. Hitting someone with a chair would technically be illegal, but nobody would ever get in trouble for it.

CaptainCrunch28

Jun 1, 2019
Remove the instigator penalty
Remove the “2 fights and you’re out rule”
Visors are not mandatory
No offsides
No icings
You can check anyone (not just the player with the puck)

Fairwhether

Jan 4, 2018
The goalie loses all pads, he is allowed skates, a helmet, and a slightly padded unitard. He has a large blocker shield, any shape, no more than a quarter the size of the goal mouth. His stick is round, half the length of a regular stick shaft with no blade. He has a chain tying him at the waist to the back of the net keeping him in the blue paint. No one is allowed to touch him but he can hit anyone he wants with his stick.

Reactions: koteka

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
Since we are getting a little outlandish...

How about we replace the blade of the stick with a real blade...curved and sharp like the things the Dothraki would wield around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad