If the Sens had a museum, what would you like to see in it?

sens4life

May 15, 2007
Reality
Sens museum (or hof) ideas:
- original contract with the NHL that brought the Sens back to Ottawa (December 1990)
- puck from first game vs Habs
- jerseys, sticks and pucks from various games
- What about stuff from the first incarnation of the Sens in the 1900's?

I'm thinking there has to be sooo much memorabilia staying in players houses that are collecting dust, and why not create a museum (modest at first) to house our artifacts?

...any other memorabilia that you would love to see in person?

Buck Aki Berg

Done with this place
Sep 17, 2008
Ottawa, ON
Lifesize wax bust of Clapper Man.

Seriously tho, one of the benefits of having a relatively young team is that I have to imagine that every game exists digitally somewhere. I'd love to see a multimedia library of all 1658 games and 116 playoff games. So many great moments (and not just the obvious ones) that I'd love to relive. Pair that up with Citizen/Sun gameday articles and postgame summaries (which certainly exist digitally).

Last edited:

alfie follower

Oct 16, 2013
ottawa
A MASSIVE tv screen in a min-cinema type area showing Alfie running Darcy Tucker, then scoring on a loop, over and over and over again....

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
A lifesized replica of Melnyks barbados home but built like the crazy kitchen at the science museum so you can experience it like the euge.

MainDotC

Depth Defenceman
Apr 29, 2007
Westerville, OH
6529483.jpg

pm88

Mar 19, 2014
everywhere
I'd put a few

A picture of the the first game in the modern Senators era

A picture capturing the moment of Sens celebrating making the playoffs for the first time ( I think there's one where they have Tugnutt jumping up and down in the crease and all the guys racing towards him in celebration)

A picture showing the moment Ottawa won it's first playoff series

A picture showing the Sens celebrating Alfie's OT goal to take them to the Finals

A shot of the CTC crowd before Game 3 of the Finals

A picture of Alfie hitting 1000 points

We could put in a tribute to Karlsson becoming the first Ottawa player to win a Norris

Tribute to Jacques Martin, the most wins as a coach for this team

Tribute to Patrick Lalime, the winningest goalie in this franchise's existence

I feel like those are some of the biggest moments this franchise has had in its history.

In addition they should give a tribute to Murray for all he's done with this organization

It'd be cool if they did something for Roger Nielson and mention that 2003 Run. I know nothing came of it but that team still had the most guts and grit more than any other Ottawa team in this franchise's history.

great1

Nov 13, 2009
Fergus, Ontario
I would love to see a goalie mask display featuring masks from Beaupre, Rhodes, Tugnutt, and Lalime, those are my favourite designs from our franchise. I would put Hasek's in there as well because of who he is.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
Original Sens Jerseys

Pieces from the Silver Seven and Super Six Eras

I agree with this. The current Sens franchise is only about 25 years old but ottawa hockey history goes back over 100 years. surely there is a lot we could draw from.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
Exhibit ideas:

The Craig Anderson Chicken Cutting Challenge

Andy Sutton Expert Trivia

Who in the World in Juha Ylonen?

Curtis Leschyshyn Spelling Bee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad