Speculation: If the season goes down the tubes, who's the first to go?

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
George may be more obsessed than I with handedness and how it affects the players, that said, even with 3RD's and it being Orlov's natural position, it would not surprise me if he adds another RH D if we are competing at the deadline.

I want to speculate on Orlov since no one has said anything, but will differ and assume we are all thinking the same thing. Which sucks. No news is usually good news, but I don't think so this time. Skating is a great sign, but I think George will be cautious.

Rest assured, no one in his core will be the first to go.

Ovi Nick Green Sarge etc

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Do you think Washington would consider Amnesty buy out Ovi? I'm curious. It's a 52.6 million check.

No. If they ever decide to part with him, they'll trade him and get a very solid return. 10 games don't mean much. 38 goals last year.

Last edited:

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
No. If they ever decide with him, they'll trade him and get a very solid return. 10 games don't mean much. 38 goals last year.

Was curious. The speculation is he's not tradeable but I think that is the distant hope of a desperate fan.

fedfed

@FedFedRMNB
Oct 28, 2010
Moscow City
Was curious. The speculation is he's not tradeable but I think that is the distant hope of a desperate fan.

It's just speculation. He's one of the game's premiere goal scorers - there are maybe 5 more guys in the league who have that kind of ability to put puck in the net. No matter what his salary is, these guys are rare thus return would be very good. There are many teams for whom cash is not a problem.

BobbyCarpenter

Jan 22, 2008
Houston, TX
Just for sh*ts and gigs.

The Caps trade Ovy and get a nice return.

How much worse is this team without Ovy? Is the drop-off that severe?

I don't know if it would be. Sometimes I get the impression that some of the guys in the locker room would prefer to see him gone.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
Just for sh*ts and gigs.

I don't know if it would be. Sometimes I get the impression that some of the guys in the locker room would prefer to see him gone.

If it's a nice return they may be better with the way he's playing ATM.

mich25

Jan 23, 2013
I would LOVE to see Brooks Laich in a Bruins jersey.......Chances are probably very slim to none though of that happening.......:(

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
Just for sh*ts and gigs.

People underestimate the impact keeping everyone else away from the top defensive matchups has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad