IF the Pens go far in the playoffs, who is the unsung hero?

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
This, and/or MAF most likely.

No one around here will give DB any credit no matter what happens. If they go out early, it's his fault. If they go deep, he got lucky and the team will have done so despite the coach.

No one will? This team isn't strong enough to win a cup with poor coaching.

So if they win the cup, you would have to be pretty dense to think DB wasn't a big part of it.

Not all of us hate DB, but you have to be pretty thick or naive not to see his weaknesses by now.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV
Whoever steps up (if anyone) as far as secondary scoring. BB, Sutter, Stempniak. If we don't get that extra contribution from players not named Sid/Malkin/Neal, then it won't even matter if MAF stands on his head.

Candyman

Aug 17, 2012
Indiana
On offense: I'll take Brandon Sutter. This is really more of a hope because we need him to produce especially in the playoffs.

Or Brian Gibbons, he's small yes, but he does have a scoring touch to him too.

On Defense: Paul Martin is going to be huge, but also Olli Maata, I'd love to see him have a Slava Voynov kind of post season.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
You people picking Fleury really must not know what the definition of unsung is.

Agreed. Fleury can't really be unsung because everyone will be talking about his play, good or bad. Unsung would be a guy like Megna. I'm going with him. I see an injury or 2 on the bottom 6 leading to him playing and scoring a few big goals.

jinx33

The Rust is real
Sep 11, 2006
Paris, FR
Vitale or Sutter.

I expect Sutter to step up since the Kesler rumor trade, he wants to stay in the Burgh, he'll have to prove it.

And he proved already few times he can be clutch.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
LOL at Vitale.
The guy is a total plug.

Sutter/Megna/Bennett/Gibbons are the correct answers.

Backend would be Despres or Bort.
Maata's gettin walked alot in his first playoffs.

So basically guys that won't play if we are healthy. lol

ObsessedCreative*

I'm surprised at the faith some of you have in Fleury to perform well. I have more faith in Byslma doing some half-competent coaching than I do with Fleury playing well.

:laugh: What?! How this should be the complete and exact opposite, MAF has proved himself a million more times in this league than Bylsma did or has since he has had complete control.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
I'd like to change my answer!

Two unsung heroes, one nut from the same tree:

1) Christopher Harner
2) The Final Destination-like bout of flesh-eating disease that takes out Orpik, Scuderi, Glass, Adams and Pyatt

Duffy13

‎(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ ┻━┻
Feb 16, 2013
PEI, Canada
Not knowing how Vokoun will fit in right now, I'm picking Zatkoff... IF Fleury starts to play like the last couple of seasons, we're going to need Zatkoff to come in and play some huge minutes and possibly take on a series.

Skaters I'm picking Bortuzzo, I know DB will never give up on Orpik or Scuderi, but with their seasons being pretty poor, Bortuzzo will have to be the physical presence needed to clear the crease and keep opposing forwards honest.

Up front, I have Stempniak finally clicking 100% with Crosby and going on a tear. He's shown he's capable of it, and I think when the playoffs start he'll have enough time since the trade to be comfortable enough in a scoring role.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
The hockey Gods for injuring half the other teams' we play stars enabling us to squeak by despite all of our flaws.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad