If the Lightning don't win the Stanley Cup this year, Will it be considered a choke?

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
It would be a disappointment but a choke label would depend on the circumstances.
Agreed, with the way the Playoff format is the number 2 and 3 best teams could play every year in the first round and the number 1 and 2 teams in the league could play in the second round every year. I personally will get bored if the same teams play each other every year in the playoffs.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Of course people will call it a choke. People throw that word around all the time, so it's lost all actual meaning.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Until we see how they lose then no. I really feel if they come out of the east there is nobody out west they should lose to at the moment. Winnipeg and Nashville just haven’t looked as good as I anticipated and neither has San Jose. In the east there is no question that Boston is the scariest opponent. The Isles have allowed very few goals too but I’m not as sold on them yet. If they win a round or two though I’m thinking they are a bad matchup for Tampa because the Trotz factor. Regardless it’s still highly unlikely that Tampa doesn’t win a cup in the next 3 seasons.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad