if the flyers make the playoffs how far can they make it?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Also, I hope Toronto falls out of the picture. Just because I hate that team and their fan base.

*This has nothing to do with our chances*

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
Also, I hope Toronto falls out of the picture. Just because I hate that team and their fan base.

*This has nothing to do with our chances*

I didn't mind Torontos fan base until they made the playoffs last year, now they're all high and mighty and I too hate them. I can't hate Phil Kessel though, the dude looks like a human glazed donut.
*Also has nothing to do with our chances*

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
I didn't mind Torontos fan base until they made the playoffs last year, now they're all high and mighty and I too hate them. I can't hate Phil Kessel though, the dude looks like a human glazed donut.

Even earlier this year there were fans making comments about our team and how we were no where near close to seeing the playoffs. It's funny because tonight with a win or overtime decision of any kind we will pull ahead of them with two games in hand. I have never liked the fan base lol, even before they never made the playoffs.

LOL even Toronto fans I know make fun of Kessel, it's just too damn easy haha.

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
Even earlier this year there were fans making comments about our team and how we were no where near close to seeing the playoffs. It's funny because tonight with a win or overtime decision of any kind we will pull ahead of them with two games in hand. I have never liked the fan base lol, even before they never made the playoffs.

LOL even Toronto fans I know make fun of Kessel, it's just too damn easy haha.

Yeah, im praying Detroit steals their spot.

BernieParent

In misery of redwings of suckage for a long time
Mar 13, 2009
Chasm of Sar (north of Montreal, Qc)
I've been thinking about this. The Flyers will likely play either the Rangers or Blue Jackets; I like the team's chance much more against Columbus. Let's say they get by whichever of their two opponents they meet in Round 1; chances are the Flyers line up against the Bruins as long as there isn't an upset in the first-round series involving the division champs and wild cards. If there is an upset, the Flyers would play the winner of the 2nd vs 3rd in the Atlantic, if I understand the new playoff format correctly.

Pittsburgh could be ripe to be upset if they don't get some players back, and I think whichever of Montreal, Toronto or TBay in the top WC spot could do it.

Agreed on the Bruins, though; they are the gatekeepers to the Eastern Conference.

This is all assuming the Flyers make the playoffs, of course.

Sniped

Snowballs at Santa
Mar 13, 2013
Philly
I think they can beat anyone except the Bruins. Still I wouldn't count them out at all. Team's playing great hockey now, gettin' hot at the right time.

Winston Wolf

May 15, 2003
Philadelphia
They've had a mediocre PP all year which is a reason the team itself has been mediocre. It finally looks lethal. Having your PP and PK firing on all cylinders can really take you far in the playoffs.

Not to mention, all of Giroux, Hartnell, Read, Couturier, and Simmonds are playing the best of their career and the defense is finally coming around.

I'm not holding my breath, but they could go on a run.

Jgboys1

Apr 28, 2012
Long Island New York
I think they get past the 1st round, but that's it. I'm afraid to say but their D will get exposed in the later rounds. They will have to win games like 6-5, if they are going to go far in the playoffs.

RoDu

May 22, 2003
Winnipeg
Visit site
Who knows, someone could do the dirty work or us and take out the top teams, then have nothing left for us like the Habs did in 2010. But it will come down to Giroux, team defense and Mason

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I don't see them getting past boston. I don't see any team getting past boston. I think we could win the whole thing if someone could knock out boston

Victory5

Apr 12, 2011

Hate Toronto because of Domi and that punk who destroyed Pronger's eye a few years back.

Never forget

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If matchups are favorable I can see them making it to the ECF (I guess that's true just about any year for any team :laugh) but I can't see them going further than that. I will accept surprise happily, though.

Adam Warlock

Apr 15, 2006
I think they can make it to the ECF. I am really curious to see how the match up against Boston in the two games they have coming up with them.

I really dont want Columbus in the first round though. I just dont like that match up. Teams like the Jackets give the Flyers a lot of problems. Bring on NYR, WAS, or PIT.

Jtown

Oct 6, 2010
Fairfax, Virginia
I think they can make it to the ECF. I am really curious to see how the match up against Boston in the two games they have coming up with them.

I really dont want Columbus in the first round though. I just dont like that match up. Teams like the Jackets give the Flyers a lot of problems. Bring on NYR, WAS, or PIT.

rangers scare me. I much rather have columbus.

rangers lineup is pretty sick and there defense is damn good. Not really any glaring weakness on that team.

PropJoe

Jan 25, 2013
This team is playing legitimately great hockey right now and I'd give them a chance against pretty much anyone. Boston is obviously the best team in the conference so I'd favor them against anyone. I'm really interested to find out whether or not their play can be sustained because its not just winning the games, its how much they're controlling play. The Flyers special teams have been carrying them to this point in the season, if the 5v5 can match the success they have in other areas of the game they could beat anyone.

PALE PWNR

Jul 10, 2010
Sewell NJ
Scared of the Bruins, but if we are going to play them which if you are going through the East you will have to at some point, I'd rather play them in the 1st round with a healthy lineup then get them in the 2nd or 3rd after a war with the Pens or Rangers. Thats not happening though. I'd be scared of Columbus simply because I could see the team sleeping on them. They are a team that will out work you. Don't want lumbus is the 1st round

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Hopefully they will continue on a hot streak into the playoffs and Mason stands on his head. Working against them is their 5v5 play, which I think is relatively more important in the post-season than regular season.

Protest

C`est La Vie
Mar 28, 2008
Deptford, NJ
They remind me of the Eagles from last year. I can see them beating anyone in the playoffs, asides from the top team, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got bounced in round one. They have the ability to play at a high level, but they don't do it consistently

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Depends on team health and avoiding Boston. I ultimately think the West is gonna win this year though.

FlyersFanz

aut viam inveniam au
Jan 26, 2010
BlkVanOutsideUrHouse
Right now Flyers 1st round would be Columbus...tough series either Columbus or Rangers
I understand the playoff format now...took me a bit with the divisional match ups
Hope I got this right
Boston vs Rangers
Pens vs Toronto
Tampa vs Montreal
Flyers vs Columbus

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004

Ad

Upcoming events

• Latvia vs Kazakhstan
    Latvia vs Kazakhstan