if the flyers make the playoffs how far can they make it?

JABEE

Feb 12, 2010
Philadelphia
I think the Flyers stand a fighting chance against any team in the East. The only team I would be worried about is Boston, but they are missing Seidenberg.

FlyTimmo

pit <3
Jul 10, 2013
If we can somehow avoid Boston, it is possible for us to make it to the finals. No team in the east outside of Boston scares me.

The west is a different story.

dats81

Jan 22, 2011
Carinthia, AUT
If the way they are playing right now is sustainable, they may win a round or two.

They are playing with more urgency than the top teams right now who have more or less already clinched a playoff spot. But those teams will find another gear once the playoffs start...

RJ8812*

our defense will be exposed, but I could see us winning a first round match-up against anyone but Boston

nevermore

Cap space since 2005
Oct 25, 2007
Depends on when they meet Boston.
Seriously, someone other than Pittsburgh take that team out.

Flyotes

Sorry Hinkie.
Apr 7, 2007
SJ
They could make it all the way. Just have to get hot. Avoiding Boston at all costs.

Hockeypete49

How you like me now!
Mar 22, 2009
South Jersey
After the start they had, and the brutal schedule they have left, just getting into the playoffs is good for me. However if they continue to play like they have been the sky is the limit. If they can stay away from Boston that would help. I still think this team is one or two years away from being a real monster. But right now no one wants to face them in the 1st round that's for sure.

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
It probably goes through Boston no matter what. If we avoid them early which could be a likely scenario, we would have to play them further down the line. Anything can happen once you get in, and I have no care where we finish as long as we get into the dance.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
I think with the way this team plays if they can get past the first round, which I think is very likely, they will just get even more dangerous. They feed off momentum and confidence so much that it'll be like trying to push a massive bolder off a ledge, the hard part is getting it moving but once it is watch out. On top of that Giroux is just on another level when it comes to the playoffs. The whole team is playing really well right now. If they keep playing like they have the last three games they're very dangerous.

Teezax

Nov 25, 2002
Montreal
I think with the way this team plays if they can get past the first round, which I think is very likely, they will just get even more dangerous. They feed off momentum and confidence so much that it'll be like trying to push a massive bolder off a ledge, the hard part is getting it moving but once it is watch out. On top of that Giroux is just on another level when it comes to the playoffs. The whole team is playing really well right now. If they keep playing like they have the last three games they're very dangerous.

Sadly that's what I thought when we manhandled Pittsburgh a couple years ago. I did not anticipate Jersey making short work of us. We need to avoid Boston, period. We have a chance against anyone else.

chupanibre

The GhostBear Cometh
Feb 10, 2014
Bologna, ITA
Depends who we play in each round.

But I think if we keep up this urgency and momentum that has been in the flyers play these past few games, we have the potential to go far.

AND WIN......... maybe

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
It all depends. I think they can make it to the finals. That doesn't mean I think they WILL make it to the finals, but I think they can. If they play to their abilities, they can make a deep run. If guys get hurt or slump, they won't do much.

zarley zelepukin

Oct 25, 2008
Norristown, PA
I could see them beating or losing to any team in the East with the exception of Boston, who I doubt they'd beat. I still have a hard time seeing them winning 3 series in a row even if they manage to avoid the Bruins though.

Newest sens fan

My uncle owns Nintendo 64
Feb 13, 2014
Connecticut
I can see us in the Semi's if we play WSH 1st round and then PIT in the 2nd round, hopefully we play the habs or lightning in the semis and its completely possible we make it to the SCF.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad